09-08-2011 03:46 PM
i'm not sure what is going on. my playbook was working absolutely fine last night.
i tried to wake it up from sleep this morning by swiping from bezel to bezel, and it didn't work. i tried from all sides and all different directions and no go. i pushed the power button and nothing happened. i figured it ran out of battery without me noticing.
i got back to a charger a little while later and plugged it in, pushed and held the power button (that thing is really frustrating) and it booted up fully. then when i tried to enter my password the screen just didn't work. i couldn't type anything in at all. i couldn't do anything then - i got pretty busy.
after a couple of hours again i went back to it, rebooted it up and this time i could type in my password.
i thought all my troubles were over.
1) now if i let the playbook go to sleep, i can't wake it up by swiping from bezel to bezel. i have to hold the power button and reboot all the way up.
1b) when i'm typing in my password i notice that the key sound is very low. lower than i've set it.
2) it wont play any videos. youtube, flash videos, videos i've loaded from my computer. nothing works.
3) volume can't be adjusted. if i push the volume up/down buttons, the volume thing pops up but wont move up or down
4) screen orientation wont change if i hold it upside down or in portrait mode
5) some apps just close after showing the opening screen. deadspace is one of them. quran mojawad (arabic app) just shows the opening screen and doesn't work. but doesn't close automatically.
i haven't found other issues yet. but i'm sure they're there.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
09-08-2011 04:23 PM
hold power button and both vol keys + and - down for 20 seconds while it is on, then see if the issue persists
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V