Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

mounting error with playbook & pc

i know this type of thread has been on this site a lot, and i have tried everything that people have recommended.

i connect my playbook via usb and it says its connecting, and then that dreadded error comes up

'an error occured mounting blackberry volumes. please reconnect your device. (E:0x35)'

i am using windows 7 64bit. laptop only one year old.

i've tried reboot, turning off wifi, tried to get onto secpol.msc (some thread had a solution via that, but i found out that windows 7 does not have that), tried ipconfig, but dont know what i am at there.

i have the latest version of blackberry desktop software but it doesnt even show when my blackberry smartfone is connected, although i can transfer files from media through 'my computer', but i know u cant do that for the playbook

please someone help, and i know enough about computers to get me by, so i would appreciate abbreviations to be explained.

if someone can help me and give me a solution that resolves it, then a night on the beer is on me!  hahahahaha

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: mounting error with playbook & pc

what version of device maager do you have installed?

if less than 7.0 uninstall it and then connect playbook ( if on latest OS) and it will install new one and it does take a few minutes to install so be patient with it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: O2

i have the latest one from the website installed already. its 7.1 version.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Almost certainly win7 appalling usb driver management. See official guides first.

KB27424