Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Swisscom and Sunrise

Re: need help setting up BB Playbook

thanks for your reply. we did pretty much the same things without any results. WiFi and MiFi connected easily. The first time I managed to bypass the agreement page was only by tabbing like crazy on the screen so at some point I got passed that agreement page. But  the next step was a fail because the WiFi connection was lost with the force of the agreement! This lead me to the concusion that the agreement is the problem. So  reset the system via USB and BB desktop and same results again..stuck at agreement selecting Switzerland and language German or US,UK, Belgium and English. Why should someone select a customer a country under a language that is not his residence country? I am really glad I clicked through just for fun and could not believe my eyes how smoothly the set up process worked with German and Germany. My next step would have been Spanish and Mexico as when I googled the SKU it somehow came up with Mexico.  Once set up this device is looking really nice and I truly start loving it. Thanks for the tip with the USB cable..never paid attention and could have damaged the port easily.. will now watch carefully. Looks kind of tricky part to get the inital set up done.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

It's good to have feedbaxk on this.  

So can we conclude (expert conclave please take note) you can pretend to be in another country for setup if your actual country is outside Blackberry's third grade level of geographical knowledge.

I am guessing your next problem is buying apps on BB World in your local currency, though if you're lucky a Euro is a Euro wherever you live. 

My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Swisscom and Sunrise

This will be an interesting purchase. So far I have apps in CHF with country settings US..first post with my BB

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada

No issues with downloading BB World Apps in Canada - our Canadian Dollar (lovingly known as the Loonie!) still seems to be accepted... Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

lg8302ch wrote:

.first post with my BB

Great. Just remember if you start a new thread use a laptop, as this forum not compatible with PB browser. Replies are fine.