Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Bell

need to replace BBID in my playbook...

Ok,  I got my BBPB second hand, and need to put my own BBID in it, and replace the one there.... I found directions on here to wipe playbook, clean and start over,   .......    sounds good, but.....  I have backed it up already , and then  when I restore, will the old  "other persons" ID hop back in place ?  As I said,  I got this playbook second hand... and need to remove her in the BBID as well. So I can add my BBSph ID in,  for bridging and apps, etc... how do I avoid that. when restoring ?  Also, then will ALL  my passwords need to be added back in ? ie work wifi ? etc... ?   or restored, when I do that process.....  want one benifit, and not the other........the rock and the hard place....... 

thanks,

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: need to replace BBID in my playbook...

If you are trying to save the application that were either purchased from app world you can not change the bbid to keep them. With that said you are probably better off doing a security wipe just so you can start over like new. Hope this helps.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

Thanks,  I am not as worried about her apps, I found plenty of my own.... but now I realize why I cant get rid of her email... and such...

that being said, I have some of my own passwords in it now.... (and sometimes they are a struggle)  and didn't want to loose that... ie: wifi access at work,  those in itself were a great deal of work.....  

but to purchase new apps for myself, can't without this process then..... so I am just worried, that I may go through all of that wipe/swipe process ,  and..... then,  when I "restore" my px, and apps, etc.... that I have,  either  HER  ID then pops back  in and boots me out, putting  me back where I started ! .....or....  it just loose it all or something.....

I hope I am making sence.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

In order to change the BBID, you will have to do a Security Wipe. This will eliminate any files added to the PlayBook, photos, music, settings, email etc. You will be back to a PlayBook boot with the OS only. There is no way for you to restore the backup files with a different BBID. You also cannot download the APPS the previous owner purchased with a different BBID. The previous owner should have done the Security Wipe before parting with the PlayBook.
New Contributor

THank you.... I thought I had removed everything, and was in the clear. So, if I sync then, to my comp, or phone, I could save that data, and then "sync" back ??? hahah, in a sence ?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Haha, RIM designed it that way for Security. You are wasting your time.