Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bellsouth

one of my blackberry playbook email accounts quit working and I have done everything in my power to get it back up and going to no avail. I finally deleted it and tried to put it back on. Forget that. What is up with this? I have had playbook from the start and

now i am really frustrated with it. Every single update has robbed me of battery power which began with about 8-10 hours of usage and now I am lucky if I get 2 hours. It isn't the battery. It has something to do with the updates to the OS. It was fine until the first one and it has only gotten worse each time. I have had three email accounts on here since they started with the message app and now it has gone crazy. It gives me a server error message each time. I put in the same settings for it as the ones on my laptop to no avail. I am ready to scream. I have worked for days trying to get this email account back on my BB playbook, NOT!  And also I want another reader on here. Kobo is great, but I would love to have another option as well. I tried to put some pdf books on it a few days ago and they wouldn't show up when I put them on. Some did and some didn't. I am so frustrated with playbook. I have loved it till the last 2 weeks. Now, I am extremely frustrated to say the least. Well I have been upset about the battery thing almost from the get go. Can anyone help with the email thing. My email is a bellsouth account. I have 2 yahoo accounts on it and they seem to be fine, but afraid to take them off and re-put them all back on lest they should do the same thing.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bellsouth

Re: one of my blackberry playbook email accounts quit working and I have done everything in my power to get it back up and going to no avail. I finally deleted it and tried to put it back on. Forget that. What is up with this? I have had playbook from the start and

oh it is a 2.1 version just for the info

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: one of my blackberry playbook email accounts quit working and I have done everything in my power to get it back up and going to no avail. I finally deleted it and tried to put it back on. Forget that. What is up with this? I have had playbook from the start and

I find the battery hogs tend to be some Apps. I had a problem with HD Tablet TV which I eventually deleted. Also I don't like the way some Android Apps behave with the PlayBook so I also stay away from them.
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

There is nothing wrong with the OS update.

Delete ALL your email accounts.

Restart Playbook

Put the accounts back and ensure they are all set with PUSH ON.  Manual (push off) will burn battery.

Similarly delete your wifi connections and add back when required. 

Turn off wifi is not connected to wifi. 

Any "hunting for connection" in email or wifi will burn up battery.