Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
My Carrier: Bell
Accepted Solution

os v2.0.1.668

RIM releases this os, and then those of us that download it have serious battery and playbook performance issues. RIM then cancels the os, but does not post the old os, or post any fixes for those of us that made the mistake to download. I tried to revert to a previous backup I made, however, I made the mistake when I made that backup (I only had just got the playbook, and was still learning), that I did not check the box to back up the os and not just the data and software, so when I reverted, I ended up with the same problem os on the device! I've searched databases, forums and knowledge bases and even googled for help on the issue, and absolutely no help in getting rid of this problem os.....I guess with all of the problems RIM is having, the cutting of all of those jobs, RIM doesn't care one bit about those of us that made the mistake in buying one of these white elephants!!!!! Since this playbook came out, it was obvious that RIM was in trouble......

Aspire to inspire before you expire!
Developer
My Device: PlayBook 64 Gb and Z10 LE
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: os v2.0.1.668

Security Wipe!! Lost all data and App .. After reistall an Os on PlayBook!!

If U resolve click Like please Smiley Happy

If U like my post click on LIKE Smiley Wink
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: MTS

Hi salbertarose,

You can Security Wipe your PlayBook. Also you can upload current OS via BlackBerry Desktop Software.

So stop dumping on RIM, just wake up and smell the coffee.
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Solutions: 6,422
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

obone wrote:

You can Security Wipe your PlayBook. Also you can upload current OS via BlackBerry Desktop Software.

So stop dumping on RIM, just wake up and smell the coffee.

Ditto -- on both points.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Oleg

I'm not dumping on RIM....I'm not saying anything that the media hasn't already said, perhaps even kinder than the media....I only speak the truth. I have had nothing but problems and bad service since buying this playbook. I spent a good deal of money, and am stuck with it for now and trying to get through this mess. By the way, please don't post an answer if you don't have one.....the desktop software updating does NOT WORK!  Good for you for sticking to your guns, no one can call you a quitter for sticking with a sinking ship!

Contributor

Security wipe did not work, it just reinstalled version 2.0.1.668.....desktop software did not work, as it said that I had the latest software updated and did not give me any other options.....Any other bright ideas those of you who are critical of me because I have lost faith and confidence in RIM (Which I think by now is well justified!).  Perhaps someone who is having a similar problem will have the courtesy to post a fix for this mess of an OS please.

Highlighted
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry 9790, BlackBerry PlayBook 64Gb, BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha
My Carrier: MTS

Hi salbertarose,

I'm skipping your words about RIM etc. As for your issue. To upload OS via Desktop Software you should launch Desktop Software, turn off your PlayBook, connect turned off PlayBook to your PC, thensss quickly press Update in appeared popup window. This described on forum many times. So just use the Search.

It seems that you're lazy babbler. Such people are called lamers, I think. Sorry for the truth.
Respectfully,
Oleg

Developer, QNX RTOS, BlackBerry 10 and PlayBook
Follow me on Twitter (in Russian)
St.Petersburg BlackBerry Dev. Group
Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64GB, Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: ATT, and TELUS

Seems to me that this discussion has got off on the wrong foot. I thought this forum was to help users, it is understandable that someone downloads an update that is not a beta version and it has problems to be upset, there has been a lot of negative press for RIM but the user is still using a playbook and needs help. I know it is tempting to be on the defensive and lash out but then it puts us on the same level as a lot of the forums that are not worth visiting. 

In answer to the problem, I am experiencing a similar issue but did not do a security wipe, instead I searched the forums and found a recommendation to do reboot similar to a battery pull, a number of people suggest the 3button boot, but I believe with OS 2 you just hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds and it will reboot it, do it a few times. 

For the time being I think the issue is with WiFi so I suggest you turn it off when the Playbook is is standby and try and be patient as I believe RIM are working on an update as they are aware of the problem. If you do want to downgrade to a previous version of the software try searching for the method, I will search for it as well and post a link if I can find it. Good luck and don't give up Smiley Happy

Developer

I find it .. I hope to help you.

"I too was hit with Wi-Fi problems after applying the .668 update, so thought I would do a security wipe and start anew thinking I would update to the earlier OS load since .668 update has been pulled.

After doing the security wipe, the playbook went thru the normal startup and got to the point where it looks for updates, and it updated to 2.0.1.668, but to my surprise the Wi-Fi problem seems to have disappeared !

So if you are having Wi-Fi issues a security swip may resolve this for you."

Developer

You can try the procedure for the dev alpha. Connect the PlayBook to the PC, start DM and do a restart when it is connected by pressing the power button. You exit a dialog box and make updates and after repairs.