Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: videotron

password not accepted

my blackberry playbook will not accept my password,after 10 attempts it wipes everything off,so far i have reinstalled it 13 times,i can get on blackberry world on my pc, no problem,but it just will not work on the playbook

i am starting to regret buying it

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: password not accepted

You are confusing blackberry id password with playbook password?

Sarah.
New Contributor

when after 10 attempts at adding the password (which by the way was the same as my blackberry id)and it reset the playbook back to how it is when new,it asked me for a password,which i put in,then it updated to the new operating system,everything worked fine till i put it on charge,then it asked again for password,but would not accept

Super Contributor

if you go to Settings, Security , Password, and try to turn password off, what happens? 

Sarah.
New Contributor

at the moment i cant get to it ,im stuck on password screen,i will reinstall again and try what you suggest,

thanks sarah

New Contributor

right,i have reinstalled it,but in security,the password enable was allready off

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

ianl77 wrote:

right,i have reinstalled it,but in security,the password enable was allready off

That is what I would expect after a wipe, so unless you have the playbook connected to PC at the time I have no idea why it is asking for a password.

If you have PC attached and get this problem through the PC screen when you power up, I would recommend you actually set a password in the security section of Playbook before connecting to PC.

However I would not recommend using a PC as the principal charging method..  Keep charging only to chargers, and use PC only for data sync.

Sarah.
New Contributor

i cant connect to my pc,as the usb port doesnt work,i have to use the rapid magnetic charger to charge

thanks anyway Sarah

Super Contributor

Ok, so I would turn Enable Password ON in settings, and set a simple password like 1234. Then see if your problem persists.

Sarah.
Highlighted
New Contributor

will do