Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

password requests - yahoo accounts

My yahoo and ATT (Which is hostedby Yahoo) email accounts keep requesting passwords. It is only happening on native email and only for yahoo related accounts. Is anyone else having this issue? I enter the password and it works fine for about 30 mins and then the window pops up requesting password again.

I am not having this issue on any other devices on the same network ethernet nor wireless.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook w/ Bold 9900

Re: password requests - yahoo accounts

Yes, I am having the same problem with the same ATT.NET email (Yahoo) on ATT.  If you find the solution please let me know.  I still have not be able to use the att.net email on the native email app since i installed 2.0.

Trusted Contributor

My att.net email works and has only been since friday where the password request keeps appearing.  On the email set-up mine only worked after I set it up as ssl for both outgoing and incoming. See settings below:

imap.mail.yahoo.com

port 993

SSL

smtp.mail.yahoo.com

port 465

SSL

New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: att

Go to the account settings and hit save.

That has worked for me.  Not sure why the passwords keep dropping. Signon for the Blackberry community keeps dropping info too.

Trusted Contributor

The problem still exists and this morning there was a new symptom - App World password needed to be rentered. re-entered it and got the error message too many attempts and locked me out for 15 mins. I ONLY had made one attempt.

Has anyone else had this issue where saved profile information in native email and/or app world is removed?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 on Verizon; Classic & 9900 on T-Mo; PlayBook 2.0

I posted several weeks ago re: my Yahoo account and my PlayBooks' forgetfulness when it came to the password.  Knottyrope had suggested to delete my Yahoo account and re-initialize it.  Since receiving this advice, the issue became more sporadic, I never deleted/re-initialized, and my Yahoo account is stable for longer time periods.