Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: blackberry 9300 curve
My Carrier: vodafone

photo transfer to Playbook

I have a Motorollo XOOM  mult-card reader and it fits exactly into my Playbook,.However the Playbook does not recognise the card reader, and my photo card is too large to fit into my Blackberry phone so can I do something to make Playbook recognise the card reader like downloading Motorolla app or what can you suggest as I would like to have all my photos on my Playbook??

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: photo transfer to Playbook

Where exactly are you "fitting" this card reader? The USB port only supprts charging the playbook and mounting it as as drive when you plug it into a Windows or Mac computer. 

This Motorolla Xoom card reader I have fits exactly into the same port that charges the Playbook.  It fits in but is not recognised by the Playbook.  What I mean is when I plug in this card reader nothing happens and my photos cannot be uploaded onto the Playbook.  Is there someway I can get Playbook to recognise this card reader or will RIM come out with a card reader specially for the Playbook??

Forums Veteran I

There is no way to get this card reader to work with the playbook, and as for future plans for such a thing from RIM I have no idea. 

Your best way to put your photos onto your playbook is to download them to your computer and then transfer them to the playbook from there,. 

Thanks for your reply.  At the risk of sounding stupid, how do I transfer photos from PC to Playbook when there is no USB port for a pendrive??!

Forums Veteran I

Using the cable provided when you bought the playbook. 

I would suggest downloading the desktop software first (www.blackberry.com/desktop) and installing that first then you can use the media sync option to transfer your photos to the playbook. 

Thank you so much, you are an absolute gem ! You have solved my photo problem and I am most grateful for your help.   Joanne x