Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: nvt

playbook 3g, no inbuilt apps en fails to find simcard

Hi everyone

I recently bougt a 3g playbook from ebay and till my great dismay it's not working at all.

After I started it, saw there were no in built applications, only one thing on the tablet and that was the internet browser.

Where is everything and how can I get it back.

And second, after I inserted the simcard,  the simcard was not recognized.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: playbook 3g, no inbuilt apps en fails to find simcard

So-called "unlocked" 3G and LTE playbooks are only supported if you have a SIM from a company that has an agreement with Blackberry.  Unlocked = unsupported = no updates without the right SIM.

You have some limited options.

Get a SIM from a suitable canadian company on ebay.ca. It does not even need to be activated.

Or find a leaked version of 2.1.0.1753 OS, but that will disable the cellular activity and make it wifi only. There may be a leaked version of 2.1.0.1088 around. I am not allowed to direct you to leaked versions of the OS under forum rules.

You might like to try and debrick it using desktop software.  no idea what OS version you will get, if any. 

You might like to return it to the vendor.

My advice remains - Avoid unlocked cellular playbooks. Avoid 3g Playbooks as they have never been supported. 

By the way, any Canadians recommend a suitable SIM for this?

My Device: Playbbook
My Carrier: TATA Docomo

please don't use leaked version just goto BB service center they help you...because if you install leaked version then it might be create prob. for you in feature
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

samarthsevak wrote:
please don't use leaked version just goto BB service center they help you...because if you install leaked version then it might be create prob. for you in feature

Why don't we just tell people to go to BB service center for every problem, then we don't need a forum. 

Hey that's a point, why do I waste my time?