Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry9000
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: playbook browser

i've checked it's gone!

can i create shortcuts on the 'desktop'? to replace it. i still have the ability to browse through links etc but don't have the icon to start to browse.
New Contributor

The browser is still working it's that i can't access it without starting the browser through something like a likk in an e mail. once i've done this i can acces all the bookmarks i've created etc.

Developer
My Device: PlayBook, Z10
My Carrier: none

If that works, why not just open it that way, then type in whatever you want for your home page in the address bar, hit Enter to visit the page, then create a bookmark that gets saved as an icon?

Name it "Browser", and other than it not looking like the system browser icon, it should work the same.

Peter Hansen -- (BB10 and dev-related blog posts at http://peterhansen.ca.)
Author of White Noise and Battery Guru for BB10 and for PlayBook | Get more from your battery!
New Contributor

sorted! cheers.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

This solution worked perfectly in my case, just now; thank you very much!  I had dumped the "iGoogle" icon in my bookmarks (not used anyway as I preferred a 'Google.com' bookmark for searches) - but - the browser icon immediately ghosted and all bookmarks disappeared - no way to get back online that I could see.  App world pointed to a couple of (unsatisfactory) browsers but I wanted to restore the native one and, new to this platform, had no idea what to do?  You deserve the "solution" checkmark in my (play)book.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telus

This solution worked perfectly in my case, just now; thank you very much!  I had dumped the "iGoogle" icon in my bookmarks (not used anyway as I preferred a 'Google.com' bookmark for searches) - but - the browser icon immediately ghosted into unresponsiveness and all bookmarks disappeared - slightly different problem, I realize - but still no way to get back online that I could see.  App world pointed to a couple of (unsatisfactory) browsers but I wanted to restore the native one and, new to this platform, had no idea what to do?  You deserve the "solution" checkmark in my (play)book.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1
My Carrier: Tablet

PLEASE HELP!  I just got a new blackberry playbook from a friend (used twice) and was setting it up. The browser disappeared. The only way for me to access the Internet is to go through sites such as this...If I'm lucky enough to find one that I have previously saved on the playbook. I have read the above suggestions and tried them. Rebooting did not work. Using a bookmark works great until I shut my device off, then, it also is gone upon restart. I will greatly appreciate any advice!! 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Ensure you know your Blackberry ID and password.

Backup your data.

Then in Settings, Security, Security Wipe to restore Playbook to factory settings. 

Restore DATA ONLY.

Reinstall apps from your BB World, My World uninstlled list.