Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 3252
Accepted Solution

playbook is unable to connect to wi-fi? had no problem connecting till this evening....is there a fix for this?

my playbook 3252 has been connecting to the wi-fi via a router with no problem until today,,,,,now it won't connect (last time connected was at 4am this morning) at all, even manually...says unable to acquire IP address. Have checked and rechecked security settings and all are correct. my laptop is able to connect thru this wi-fi connection, my friend can connect as well, but my playbook is not. Any info to correct this problem is appreciated or if anyone else is having same problem.....my playbook is only days old, woud hate to have to return because of this problem. thanx

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: playbook 3252

Re: playbook is unable to connect to wi-fi? had no problem connecting till this evening....is there a fix for this?

While I am NOT tech pro, I just refuse to sit by and not seek the answers to my problems. I scanned some of the other postings under various subject titles and found nothing of use to me....so now very tired after this long day of trying to get answers, I decided to reboot my playbook and have another look at the Wi-Fi under set-up and then under settings.........I have found the problem and corrected it myself! I went into the wi-fi under settings,  checked to ensure wi-fi on...it was, then I clicked on the drop down menu (beside Select a network) and tabbed saved networks....there I looked over my saved connections and then tapped the connection I've been trying to connect to and reviewed all the info required for connection...

the profile name-ok,

SSID- ok,  

Enable IPv6-left blank,

Use HTTP Proxy-left blank,

Allow inter-access point handover- uncheck'd this (yep this is what fixed it) 

save and connect....YES!! we have connection to Wi-Fi via my router again!

I will do the same for my other connection as well.....

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: playbook is unable to connect to wi-fi? had no problem connecting till this evening....is there a fix for this?

Thanks for this write up. Glad you were able to solve your issue.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Visitor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: 02

[ Edited ]

hi, I have just bought a playbook - but can't connect to the wi-fi - can you help?

the followigng message appears

unable to connect

unable to authenticate against the network

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

I spent a few hours troubleshooting with the BB Support guys. In the end it was concluded that I am using a very secure network at my home and I should try connecting to a public hotspot. And it actually worked.

I setup my playbook using the public hotspot, updated the software, but when I tried it back at my home it still did not work. Finally I had to change the router security setting from WEP to WPA 2 and it was all set after that.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Changing from WEP to WPA is a very good idea.

WEP is not secure at all.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: O2

This happened to me after the new Blackberry Playbook uptade , I don't know what to do , my laptop has connection to my own wifi router , please  help because I can not give my Blackberry Playbook back to the shop.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: O2

how do you change it?
My Device: Playbook 16 gb
My Carrier: Bell

This solution worked perfectly for me - thanks so much :-)

My Device: Playbook 16 gb
My Carrier: Bell

Perfect solution -thanks :-)