Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telstra

Re: playbook is unable to connect to wi-fi? had no problem connecting till this evening....is there a fix for this?

We have the same issue, my Playbook cannot connect to my wifi after updating the Software.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900, PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: playbook is unable to connect to wi-fi? had no problem connecting till this evening....is there a fix for this?

I have the same problem too, I just got my PlayBook today and did the update to 2.0 and now can't connect to my Wi-Fi. Actually doesn't even show any networks. I even tried these soultions but still no luck.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Open the router config page -

Go to IE, in the URL type 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

Enter username as Admin, password should be admin or password. If this does not work the google for your router username/password and you'll get it

Once in, go to Wireless section (must be a link on the left side)

Change security from WEP to WPA 2, enable the password protection

Enter a password and Save setting

Restart your router

Search for the wireless network again and it should work this time

Setting might be different from router to router so use google to get exact settings

In case internet stops working completely on other devices as well then reset the router

Thanks

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

I fixed this problem on my PlayBook and its a software problem on the PlayBook.

If you just updated to 2.0 and you can't connect to Wi-Fi at all, then try this:

This is what I did, Go to Settings on the PB, then to Security, then do a Security Wipe.
If you have things saved on your PlayBook you should back it up before you do this because you will lose it all.
Once it does the wipe it will restart and you will need to re-configure it again, then it should do an update automatically.

I figured out that the 2.0 is missing quite a bit of important features that they must have somehow missed.

The update that it does again after the wipe is a little smaller then the 2.0 update, so I'm assuming that update is to fix the connection problems.

It did fix my PB issues finally. I was about to re-turn it or re-sell it but then I played around with it and it worked.

Messing around with your router is not needed, it's a PlayBook software issue.

**EDIT: the secuirty wipe is what fixed my PB WiFi connection not really the update.

Also only do this at your own risk, I don't recommend to do this unless if you've tried everything else or don't care to lose data or apps, data can however be backed up by DS. You might lose some apps, I only recommend to do the wipe if you just got the PB and upgraded to 2.0 and lost wifi connection.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

The second, smaller, update should have downloaded and installed before you did the security wipe.

New Contributor

Actually the WiFi connection stopped working after it upgraded to 2.0 so it couldn't download the smaller update.

The Security Wipe is what fixed the connection and not so much of the update. I should edit the other post.

Highlighted
My Device: Playbook 16 gb
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for this advice.  I just did the security wipe and so far my wifi connection is working perfectly ( fingers crossed).