Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: playbook tablet
My Carrier: Y

playbook is usless now :(

i really hate this tablet now , i can't complete the setup unless i connect to wifi and it can' t even detect any network  :smileysad:

Contributor

Re: playbook is usless now :(

updated software twice and tried hard reset but nothing changed Smiley Frustrated

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The Playbook requires WiFi to be updated, maintenance, or install new programs. This is part of their security. At home you can install a WiFi base station or router. this is not difficult.  The other solution is to go to a WiFi hotspot to do the updates.

Many of the new models of phones now offer a WiFi hotspot option where the phone can act as a hotspot for other devices. You must have a proper data package for the phone.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Contributor

tried making the phone as hotspot and playbook didn't recognize or manually connect as well Smiley Sad

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

You have to look closely at how you set up the hotspot from the phone. Also, I have been told there is one major manufacture of phones that purposely does not allow Blackberry products to link with it for any functions at all.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Contributor

thank you , but there is another six networks in the building and it can't recognize any one . the is a problem in the software because whatever the language you choose the playbook goes english . i need to install the software from the scratch , updating from desktop software don't make any change .