Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold black playbook
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

playbook problems

i've had a blackberry for over 3 years and love it so my wife decided to get me a playbook

All good for the fisrt week since or two then it sent a update download 1.0.8.4985

since then it wont recognise my home wifi either automatically or manually and now it wont bridge to my phone either it bridges for 1 second then off then on then off its really annoying me really upset about the wifi though

it connects to work wifi but only manually

can someone tell me an email to contact blackberry or how to erase the last download as everything worked fine

thanks

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: playbook problems

There is no email address for support, but your support options are listed here on this page.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

This forum is one of your choices.

Try this on your Playbook... press and hold the power key, and the volume Up and Down keys, all three, at the same for about 10 seconds, allow the Playbook to restart and try your WiFi and Bridge connections again.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thanks for that I will give it a go

Contributor

Hi

I've tried that but still same problem with the brdge I'm afraid, is there no support in the UK

I will see if its picks up my WIFI when I'm back home but not holding out much hope as it hasnt resolved this

Would it be worth resetting this and If I do will I loose all of my music and games I've downloaded

Sorry to pick your brains but when I backed up onto my computer I downloaded the desktop manager but when I synced there was only photos on their none of my music or any of the games I downloaded

After using IPODs for a few years I was very suprised at this or have I not done it correctly

Thanks again much appreciated

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

surreyblindman wrote:

I've tried that but still same problem with the brdge I'm afraid, is there no support in the UK

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

surreyblindman wrote:

I will see if its picks up my WIFI when I'm back home but not holding out much hope as it hasnt resolved this

Would it be worth resetting this and If I do will I loose all of my music and games I've downloaded

A reset is what I explained above.

surreyblindman wrote:

Sorry to pick your brains but when I backed up onto my computer I downloaded the desktop manager but when I synced there was only photos on their none of my music or any of the games I downloaded

After using IPODs for a few years I was very suprised at this or have I not done it correctly

Article ID: KB26136 How to synchronize media from a computer to a BlackBerry PlayBook

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi

Thanks for that none of this seems to work be I uninstalled bridge from my phone and then reinstalled it and it seems to be working now

But I still cant get onto WIFI at home its really doing me in now Im thinking Im just going to take it back for a refund there obviously seems to be a problem with them and go with the IPAD

I doesnt help that I cant contact b;ackberry for any support

Thanks again for trying

William

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: N/A

Drop down to "b/g" only wireless protocol on router if you are running "n" network.

Select WPA Personal in PB assuming you are running WPA security on router.

Wait for RIM to release fix for "n" issue. It appears "n" is a problem with PB and some routers.

If this works, please like my post and close as solved.

Thanks!

Contributor

Hi

Thanks for replying my router is WPA

I have tried WPA and WPA personal 2 and neither seem to work

I have signed up to 90 days with blackberry hopefully they may be able to help

Thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: N/A

Try setting your router for b/g only.  Do not use n in the router.  Let me know if that works.  Thanks!

Contributor

i cant alter the router i'm afraid and im sure its not that as it was fine and still works fine with my IPOD 4 PC's Xbox DS IPHONE it just seems to be the playbook