Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: playbook shut down and does not power on anymore

the playbook charger?

did you install desktop manager on the PC?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook tablet
My Carrier: UTS

Is the BB charger different from the Playbook ones?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

very different.

Playbook charger supplies 1800 ma and the regualr phone charger supplies about 500 to 700ma.

the playbook needs more ma to power up than a smart phone.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

ok, What do you recommend me to do

Guru III
My Device:

plug in the play book charger and try to power it on with that a few times, if that should fail

Try doing a power on and holding power button and both vol key at same time duiring power up to reset it. and try above a few more times.

install desktop manager on a PC and then connect the device and desktop manager should know that some is wrong and will debrick it. WARNING  this will remove everything off the playbook

once on OS 1.0.5, you will be able to charge it when powered off.

New Contributor

ok, I will try that at home in the evening.

Can you please explain the steps for me for above mentioned possible solution in detailles?

Guru III
My Device:

try the above it really isnt that hard to do.

you can also look at this thread as well

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...

if really needed you can call for support and they can walk you through the process.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

New Contributor

Can you provide me with a NONE Toll free number to call for Support? The reason, in the caribbean we can not call toll free numbers

New Contributor

thank you very much. it works again. thank God

could you also tell me the reason my app world does not work? I live in the caribbean. Is that maybe the reason? could you please give me a solution?

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

This issue should no longer exist after the last OS update

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-os-updated-v1-0-5-2304

• The BlackBerry PlayBook tablet can now be charged even when fully powered down.
  • BlackBerry Tablet OS v1.0.5 now alerts you if you are using an incorrect charger with your BlackBerry PlayBook tablet. For example, if you accidentally plug a BlackBerry smartphone charger into the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet you will now receive an alert on the screen to let you know that this charger will not charge your tablet.