Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: playbook wifi connection issues

Nope, I am afraid to 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

Hit reply twice — sorry

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

LOL!! Can't blame you there.  If it works leave it alone.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Are the reception bars at about 50% or more?

Try deleting the WiFi link, and re-do it again to see if maybe there is something not right in how it establishes its link. I have a Playbook, and use it with a number of WiFi locations. So-far I have not had any issues with it.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Australia

Yeah I'm also facing this problem. My modem is Cisco Linksys WAG54G2, with WPA2-PSK security mode. The playbook DID connect to wifi when it started the 1st time, and showed no hope to connect again after upgrading OS.

Plus, I got the same problem with my Motorola Defy (exactly the same, 1st connect without any problem then oops...).

Just read the replies, so I suppose there could be something wrong with WPA2 mode, so i'm working on it now. But the question is, why are other devices working smoothly (iPhone, BB 9780, nokia,... and PC of cource) when these 2 (BB PlayBook & Motorola Defy) got stuck with the same wifi network? As far as I know, they use different OS (Android 2.1 & BlackBerry Tablet OS).

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I sometimes found some devices don't always work as good as each other with specific WiFi protocols.

Try using WAP instead. I found greatest reliability with especially portable devices with WAP. With WAP if you want very strong security on top of the password set up the MAC filtering. You will need to enter in to the router's MAC address filter table the MAC address of every device to be allowed. Then activate the filter.

Just to get going first keep it simple. Try with the WAP protocol first.

Jerry G,
Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefónica

Hi,

We are having a lot of problems to connect the PlayBook to our corporate Wifi.

I posted at this other thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Corporate-WiFi-issues-PEAP-EAP-MS-CHAP-v2...

Can someone help us? We have no idea of where is the problem located.

We don't know if it is a bug but I think that we are tried all the possible configurations.

Thanks!

Regards.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB PlayBook, BB Z10 (replaces my Motorola BIONIC), Apple iPhone5; iPhone3S
My Carrier: T-Mobile

This is a duplicate reply.  I've replied to the original thread at http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Corporate-WiFi-issues-PEAP-EAP-MS-CHAP-v2...

If you are using PEAP with MS-CHAP, have you copied the security certificate for the WiFi to your PlayBook?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
QNX + Android = BB10 = The only platform that offers the freedom of choice.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Telefónica

thanks for your answer wanawful.

I posted at the other thread, We can follow there.

Regars!
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 White / Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

i have wifi issues too. connecting to wpa psk routers, fail to get strong signals, even from a few feet away. im currently about 10m away and yet only have1 bar which is consistently dropping out. the wifi on pb is weakest i have ever encountered