Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32G
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: playbook wifi connection issues

I am very pleased that the update this month seems to have resolved the issues for both of our PlayBooks.  Streaming video works quite well.  Perhaps it wasn't a WiFi issue at all but video rendering.  Pulling for BB!

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: BT

Billbrokk, Jerry G, Anyone

please help me....!!!!

i have read all these threads and need help i have a playbook and the only reason is really to communicate with my family when away working. i have OS version2.1.0.1314 installed and have done all the hard resets and clearing but in hotels etc this just aint doing the deal. this machine is not fulfilling my needs please give me some hope and guidance you have a cure,please, not into all the techno stuff just need direct instructions on what works........

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

I assume you are having problems with Video Chat. Is this correct.
Contributor

exactly, select the wifi try to open a browser but keeps offereing open wifi or try again, driving me crzy

please tell me you have the solution that does not include changing router settings....

Contributor

to give you an idea of strength of signal my laptop show 100% my PB shows 1 band

Forums Veteran I

Are you accessing your Internet through a Saved Network on your Playbook or through an Open Network through a coffee shop or a neighbour?
Contributor

an open network in a hotel, i have done the hard reset and then the all clear in the browser but still the same??

Contributor

also i have managed to log into another wifi at a factory i hit the web now through the browser no problem but when i go to video chat i get the message Unable to connect to Server this drives me CRAZY i understand the other messages that state changing the router but i am unable to change the worlds routers to suit the playbook, my coleague has a ASUS tablet and does not have half the issues i have. i just need some help in setting this up and for it to work everytime...PLEASE
Forums Veteran I

Where are you located? There are restrictions on Video Chat in some countries.
Also tap the WiFi symbol, top right. Tap the next wifi symbol. Select manual settings. Tap on the name of the open network you are connecting to and tell me the details of the various settings. Do this fir both the hotel and the factory. They are obviously different, so keep them separate when you send us the details.
With Open Networks you are obviously limited as to what you can do. The PlayBook has a higher security rating than other computer equipment. That is why other devices may work but the PlayBook does not. Since you cannot access the routers, you cannot make changes to the router settings.
Contributor

what exact details do you want IP adress stuff??