Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: globe telecoms

Re: playbook with dead battery, won't charge or boot up

is it normal? because i leave that connected for 9 hrs this morning at that condition when i came back I long press the power botton for 20 seconds then i remove the charger. still its dead. it cannot even made the red light glow even 1 second. ,
Contributor

i dont know whats the theory behind pressing the power power button for 20 seconds every 3-5 hrs for 24hrs time. as i noticed when you press the power button 20 seconds it powers off the playbook. I read it somewhere and confirmed it. playbook is not charging when its off. so pressing the power button for 20 seconds will power of the unit and it will not on again unless you press it again to have the red light glow for a couple of seconds. so its contradicting on what we are aftering of charging the dead playbook. please explain the theory behind . thanks.
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

joelimar73 wrote:
i dont know whats the theory behind pressing the power power button for 20 seconds every 3-5 hrs for 24hrs time. as i noticed when you press the power button 20 seconds it powers off the playbook. I read it somewhere and confirmed it. playbook is not charging when its off. so pressing the power button for 20 seconds will power of the unit and it will not on again unless you press it again to have the red light glow for a couple of seconds. so its contradicting on what we are aftering of charging the dead playbook. please explain the theory behind . thanks.

The "theory" is that you're pushing the power button for 20 seconds to "power" the device ON.

Right, since it is not on.

The "fact" is that your device is at an undercharged state, and it won't boot up until it has reached the sweet spot of charge.

Yes, the earlier OS releases of 1.0 something would not charge when powered off. That was fixed a year ago. Unless you've not upgraded your Playbook OS about a year ago, you might be in that state.Likely not.

If it the device was in the state as described, you're on the right path. If in another 24 hours or and there is no full boot up, I'd suggest procuring one of the magnetic rapid chargers and trying again.

http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Pressing the device for 20 seconds will not on the device. instead you turn it off. in any situation hang up or booting up. pressing the the device for 20 seconds will turn the device off. I

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

joelimar73 wrote:

Pressing the device for 20 seconds will not on the device. instead you turn it off. in any situation hang up or booting up. pressing the the device for 20 seconds will turn the device off. I

Not if the the device is already in an OFF state.

If the PlayBook is off, pressing the power button turns the device ON and and pressing the power button for 20 seconds initiates an automatic 'restart' of the device.

Trust me, I have done this quite a few times.  Smiley Wink

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Celcom

Hi, I've experienced the same problem. Get a Blackberry Playbook Charging Pod...works for a totally dead battery playbook.

Solutions: 6,331

edruce wrote:

Hi, I've experienced the same problem. Get a Blackberry Playbook Charging Pod...works for a totally dead battery playbook.

yes it does, as does the magnetic rapid charger...

Knowledge Base Updates