Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

playbook won't stay on

Hi,

My playbook charges but once on and I try to access games or emails or internet after 5 to 15 minutes it will turn itself off and sometimes I have trouble turning it on it started about 3 weeks ago and got progressively worse now it does it all the time when I use it.  Please if anyone can tell me what the problem is and how can I fix it.  I really like my tablet but seriously thinking I should have gone with an ipad since I do use it a lot in one day.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Re: playbook won't stay on

Have you backed up your files to your computer recently? If you have, I would give it a Security Wipe which will wipe everything off the PlayBook and reinstall the OS.
If you have not backed up your files to your computer you should try to get it backed up. If the PlayBook is new to you and you do not have many files, do a Security Wipe.
New Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: playbook won't stay on

[ Edited ]

Hi MireilleBaillie,

Thank you for coming to the BlackBerry Community and allow all of us to help you. The Playbook is far superior in many aspects as opposed the the iPad but I won't go into those elements at this time. You'll see that the Playbook speaks for itself down the road. Trust me, the iPad has its' share of problematic issues, even related to the one you are experiencing.

First, with the Playbook, make sure always that you back up your data. Some people don't even use the playbook for anything other than gaming, so it is always a choice. It is important as you've not mentioned that the Playbook be fully charged as often as possible. How "new" is the PB? The Playbook will begin to malfunction and stop, shut-off, and early-terminate even a few known apps I've noticed at 30-35% battery life. At 20% it is a virtual guarantee. No need to let it go below 50%... Feed the Playbook and it will feed you with power! With heavy gaming, you want to make sure that you use the "BIGGER"  power supply given when you purchased the product.  Moreover, when charging, change an outlet with the bigger power supply. Relax, walk away, and make sure the PB is fully charged, then turn it on and do your gaming.

iPad is tantamount to this as well and heats up with vengeance, so no need to act in haste and buy one. The Playbook is a lifestyle to gamers, developers, and general individuals, and only enhances their productive or leisure life overall.

Take this first step, be assertive about the PB's need for power, and let us know...

<removed>

EDIT: Personal Information such as PIN is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."