Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 32gb
My Carrier: airtel

playbook wont charge !! even after been plugged in

hi 

i have a blackberry playbook 32gb , its been 5 months that i have been using it. this is the first time it is giving me this strange problem. the playbook is not charging at all even after being connected to the charger for hours.

i have restarted my playbook several times, but no help. i have reseated my charger many times. the wall socket works fine. the charger to me seems to work fine because with the same charger i can charge my blackberry phone. so for sure i know its the charger its the playbook which has the issue it could be the connecting port or some software in it. i am not that good in it. can some one please help me  out !! asap!!

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: playbook wont charge !! even after been plugged in

Next thing to try is the Rapid Charger that uses the 3 pin socket. $20 or less from Amazon.

Sarah.
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 32gb
My Carrier: airtel

i hope you are sure that it will solve my issue , because if it doesn't then that charger is waste for me !! but can you tell why did this happened ?? is it a known issue with playbook
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Cannot be sure, no. It is usually damage in the socket inner tab which is soft. Inserting the plug with usb logo upwards just once can break it. 

usb.jpg

It can also be the cable, or the battery strap, or the motherboard joints, or the battery, or it's simply so flat it will not charge, but that last one is usually is fixed by continual charge and holding down the power button for 20sec  every hour. 

Sarah.