Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook - blackberry 9300
My Carrier: o2
Accepted Solution

playbook wont charge?!

Hi.. my playbook has stopped charging, and its not the chargers as they still charge my phone? thnx for any help

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: playbook wont charge?!

Try this, while connected to your charger. Press and hold the Power key, up and down volume (-/+) all three buttons simultaneously, for about 10-12 seconds. You should the red LED blink and that should allow a reset of the PlayBook and to power up.

Afterwards, try the charging again.

If you connect via the USB cable to your PC, and open/run the BlackBerry Desktop Software, is your PlayBook recognized on the PC?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

hi thanks for the reply, ill try that now...

it wont recognize anythin when i use the pc cable :/ which is what makes me think the connection on the playbook is broke... if so.. how do i get it fixed Smiley Sad

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Call your warranty support number.

http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

ok thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

I'm having the same problem with my playbook not being able to charge.  I have my playbook charger, my USB cord and both work with my phone.  I tried pressing the buttons, the red light comes on for a second and then goes out again.  When connected to my computer, desktop software says that it can  not communicate with the connected device. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

Called bb support. They told me to connect to desktop software and the bubble came up to say "could not communicate with connected device". I clicked on 'update' and was told to wait for it to update, move it to the wall charger and wait at least 5 hours. When the LED turns green, it's good to go. I'm trying now... if it doesn't work, I'll repost to update. Hopefully, I don't post again!!
New Contributor

hope thats worked for you....unfortunatley mine doesnt bring anythin up when connected to the pc...so im presumin its defo the chargin unit or connection thats broke Smiley Sad

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

Problem:
Playbook was completely drained. No lights.

***Timer plug to use for stack charging

The steps that brought my playbook to life.

-          The playbook was unplugged for 24 hrs
-          Pressed power button and held for about 6 seconds. - nothing happened
-          Waited 5 seconds, pressed power button again once but didn't hold. - nothing happened
-          Attached the rapid charger to the playbook and plugged it into the timer plug.
-          Had to wait 3 minutes before the timer plug turned on. The first time it turned on, there was a red light for about 3-5 seconds and then gone.
-          But during the first minute, the flashing green light started to come on. I immediately cancelled the auto mode on the timer plug and switched it to ON. I decided not to do the stack charging and just left it plugged in.
-          After 30-40 minutes, I heard the bell sound (indicates a low battery charge, good sign) and the screen also turned on. I checked the battery charge. It was at 14% then 15%, 16% ..
-           I left it plugged in the whole night. When I woke up in the morning the charge was at 100%.
-          My playbook is back!!! And i used it to type this note.

Notes:
I don't know what triggered the playbook to start charging again.
Maybe because it was unplugged for 24 hrs???
or the electricity surge from the timer different that just plugging it in manually???

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

iam222 wrote:

Problem:
Playbook was completely drained. No lights.

***Timer plug to use for stack charging

The steps that brought my playbook to life.

-          The playbook was unplugged for 24 hrs
-          Pressed power button and held for about 6 seconds. - nothing happened
-          Waited 5 seconds, pressed power button again once but didn't hold. - nothing happened
-          Attached the rapid charger to the playbook and plugged it into the timer plug.
-          Had to wait 3 minutes before the timer plug turned on. The first time it turned on, there was a red light for about 3-5 seconds and then gone.
-          But during the first minute, the flashing green light started to come on. I immediately cancelled the auto mode on the timer plug and switched it to ON. I decided not to do the stack charging and just left it plugged in.
-          After 30-40 minutes, I heard the bell sound (indicates a low battery charge, good sign) and the screen also turned on. I checked the battery charge. It was at 14% then 15%, 16% ..
-           I left it plugged in the whole night. When I woke up in the morning the charge was at 100%.
-          My playbook is back!!! And i used it to type this note.

Notes:
I don't know what triggered the playbook to start charging again.
Maybe because it was unplugged for 24 hrs???
or the electricity surge from the timer different that just plugging it in manually???

Glad you are up and running and thanks for your solution
I will definitely be filing this in the keep file.

Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.