Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

"the encrypted filesystem did not unlock properly"

With previous OS, Playbook was workikng with my 9650 very nicely through blue tooth. Company has email set up and is working properly through 9650. 

Installed OS2 and when password, that worked before OS2 was installed, is entered, the following message "the encrypted filesystem did not unlock properly" is displayed.

Re-installed and updated Blackberry Bridge, deleted and re-installed the playbook on the 9650.

WTF. I am getting ready to toss the whole frickin thing and buy an Apple.

Anyone else have this problem or can make a suggestion to prevent me from going to the dark side?

New Contributor
My Device: 9700, playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: "the encrypted filesystem did not unlock properly"

Same problem, started when i change my BB 9700 for BB 9790. After new OS 2 of playbook and new version of bridge still the same problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same problem after upgrading to the new OS. I spent two hours last night with RIM techsupport and they were not able to fix it. They will get back to me....

My playbook is useless now without the bridge.

I have noticed a bunch of other stuff not working well, blue tooth, wireless, etc... I should have stayed on the older OS - it was buggy as heck but better than version 2.

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

I'm having exact same issue. Support is trying to tell me it's because I'm on the BES through work. Anyone here on BES having this problem?
New Contributor

We us BB and have a BES server, my BB 9790 + playbook give problems but my colleage using a BB 9780 + playbook and give no problems. Both have been updated to the last software version.

Contributor

what problems are you having, same as the rest of us on this thread? "the encrypted filesystem did not unlock properly?" please be specific so we can drill down accurately. thanks

New Contributor

Yes same problem, see my post earlier.
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9800 /Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Same problem.  I am on a BES server.  Ridiculous.

Contributor

thanks. sorry i didn't notice you already posted on this topic. so do you suspect it is something to do with the BES IT policies at our companies? RIM Should have tested prior if that's the case. there's millions of us. have you tried to repair with rim support ro anyone esle?

New Contributor

Don't think the Bes server is the problem, we both on the same BES server, same policies but my bridge connection give only problems on my BB 9790 + playbook. His connection works good. But there is some connectivity. When i get a mail on my BB, my playbook give in the left top corner that there is a new e-mail. And the remote controle is working ok. I can move my pointer and i can type tekst.