Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: bell

Re: "the encrypted filesystem did not unlock properly"

did you have to wipe it out first or can you just plug into desktop mgr and over write it?
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800/ Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

No, just plugged in but make sure you back up any files as I did lose those... In hind siight I did do a complete overwrite... I have to say it is pretty slick!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

An update on my open ticket with RIM. I called back yesterday, one week after opening the ticket and they said the development team is still working on it.  The tech suggested I do a security wipe as he knows of one instance where it worked to resolve the problem. Another shot in the dark if you ask me.  So I will wait and see what happens. I didn't  tell him that i can access my bridge applications via the web browser just to see if they can figure it out themselves. What gets me in this is that it seems like such a benign and obvious problem to fix - 100% reproduceable, I can provide my device password via the browser and it works, so it has to be the bridge application on the playbook. 

I have a whole bunch of other software issues with the playbook, the device manager, etc... I can't be bothered to try to get them fixed at this point.

Bad situation only getting worse for RIM....  Smiley Sad

Contributor

i tried to just plug into desktop mgr and it said no updates available(because i already have 2.0 installed). are you sure you didn't do a security wipe to remove this software version first?

New Contributor

Try uninstalling desktop manager and reinstalling. I forgot to mention this was a new laptop and I had to install the software again. Once I plugged into desktop manager it loaded right away... Honestly I LOVE my Blackberry and my Playbook... Everyone in my shop is switching to iPhones while I'm holding out. RIM is not doing itself any favors with this release. 2.0 (when you guys get it to work) is a better system but honestly, if they want to gain marketshare back, RIM needs to get their sh*t together and solve these issues.

The fact they have done little to support (all of us here) speaks volumes about their struggles. Sorry for the soapbox all but maybe someone at RIM who actually cares will read this and push this issue higher up the priority ladder!!!
Contributor

Still telling me no update available. So you had latest os already installed, you plugged and into desktop mgr and it gave you the option to download the new software? Please. Confirm. TX 

New Contributor

Yep, here's my sequence...
I tried installing the 2.0 update via wi-fi at my office. Installed, rebooted the playbook, and tried using the bridge. That's when I got the message we all love so much. I tried reinstalling and wasn't able. That's where I did SW digging and found the work around on crackberry.com. I Then updated the bridge app on my 9800 thinking that may be the issue and same error message. I installed desktop manager on my laptop and sync'd my 9800 and then tried the playbook. I tried to back up my docs, images and video files through desktop manager. It wouldn't back up the playbook. Desk top manager said there was an upgrade for the playbook and I updated. Viola, I'm in business. There is no logic to why mine worked and yours didn't. I lost all my files on the playbook as it wouldn't back up. You may have to do te security swipe as it basically reformatted my playbook. I literally had to start from scratch with wi-fi set up, country, the whole bit. That's really it... Frustrated me for three days though. Sorry, I think it may be the only choice but to erase it unless you're willing to wait for RIM to pull their head out I their a**.
New Contributor

Sorry for the auto correct errors. Another feature of 2.0 but much better than Apple's...
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I did a security wipe and it corrected the problem. That being said, I was also prompted to download a new version of the OS last week upon reboot after the security wipe, so it may be the wipe, download or combination of both. Who knows, certainly not RIM. They are still working on it....  LMAO.

OS version is now at 2.0.0.7971.

Another point, I did a backup before the wipe, but could not restore because of my upgrading the OS.