Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: blackberry
Accepted Solution

radiation fliter for screen

Hi, I am very concerned about radiation and was wondering if they have have protective radiation filter screen for the Blackberry Playbook. If no, do they plan to make any in the near future as this is a good idea and if yes where can I get one to buy.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook wifi 64GB
My Carrier: none

Re: radiation fliter for screen

The screens on the PlayBook devices are not Cathode Ray Tubes, they are Light Emitting Entities, hence there is no radiation unless you consider light to be radiation, or perhaps infrared (heat) radiation. Covering your screen with a blanket will solve your infrared radiation problem

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

And I would be more concerned about the 9700 radiation since it uses 3g, wifi and BT.

The playbook I would be less radiation since it has no 3g init

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

What does the Playbook use 3g or 4g? Is 4g considered to be more dangerous than the 3g?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook doesn't use 3g/4g its WiFi only for now.
Contributor

I bought one yesterday and had to carry it back because it wasn't charging. When I asked the guy which one the G's it used he confidently answered that all Blackberry Playbooks use 4g and all of them have a built in wifi. So could someone clarify this for me.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

4g model is coming, I have not heard of its release yet

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700 // BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

The 4G PlayBook from sprint was cancelled/put on hold. Currently the PlayBook is only available in WiFi. I would go back to the store you bought it and find the manager.
Guru III
My Device:

Verizon is going to get it last I heard

Contributor

When I had asked earlier about my concerns with the Playbook and radiation being emitted from it,Knottyrope had said I needed to be more concern about my Bold 9700 which uses 3G. Now if the 3g is a concern(and I've been seeing a lot things about how unsafe 3g is) won't the 4g even be more harmful(that's if they still decide to go ahead with it).