Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: curve 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: reading books on Playbook

Thanks again for being there. Still nothing. I can read the books on PC. I changed format from epub to pdf..still nothing. I put the app on for 3 days free option to purchase and even that didn't show up. Do you know if there is a place you can take both pc and pb in and have it looked at? Lots of computer repair places, but, no one offering Playbook....Best Buy just tries to sway you over to Ipad. Thanks again.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Joyce,
Have you tried the Kobo Book Reader. You can download books including free books directly onto your PlayBook . I am not sure what format they use.
Contributor

No, I haven't yet....I have 28 books from Calibre all loaded and ready to go and it just irritates me that this has taken 5 days where 5 minutes should have been enough. Why is this so difficult? If you go to my computer and find Pb, the books are there...just don't show on Pb??? FRUSTRATING !!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: My Trusty Red Plane
My Carrier: Outer Space

[ Edited ]

ok, after you seemed to have so many difficulties, i decided to check it out myself

Getting epubs

1) i googled for 'calibre epub' and calibre-ebook .com showed up

2) clicked 'Get DRM free ebooks'

3) clicked browse

4) clicked 'historical fiction' sort 'By Price' and chose a random one --> '1812:The Rivers of War'

5) clicked Download, on the download site, i chose 'EPUB/Nook/Stanza Format ',got an .epub file

---------

AppWorld

1) entered 'epub' into search, downloaded the first free one i saw: ePub Reader

2) did what it said, copying the epub files into the PlayBook 'documents' folder

3) opened the app

4) it worked! it showed up and i can read

took less than 5 minutes. I'm sorry, but you must be doing something wrong.

- did you really download .epub files? Files with .epub at the end?

- did you copy the files into a wrong folder? For the free 'ePub Reader' it must be the documents folder

- which app do you use to read files?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm a bird from outer space. But I'm not flappy o.o
Contributor

HOLLY MOLLY.....thank you ever so much for your diligence.....it is much appreciated!!!

This is now 2 weeks later and probably 3 to 4 hours daily and to this moment still don't have the books loaded. ;-(

I am going to uninstall all, follow your steps and try this.  Thank you once again.