04-27-2012 04:42 PM
04-28-2012 02:45 AM
05-02-2012 04:55 AM - edited 05-02-2012 04:57 AM
ok, after you seemed to have so many difficulties, i decided to check it out myself
1) i googled for 'calibre epub' and calibre-ebook .com showed up
2) clicked 'Get DRM free ebooks'
3) clicked browse
4) clicked 'historical fiction' sort 'By Price' and chose a random one --> '1812:The Rivers of War'
5) clicked Download, on the download site, i chose 'EPUB/Nook/Stanza Format ',got an .epub file
1) entered 'epub' into search, downloaded the first free one i saw: ePub Reader
2) did what it said, copying the epub files into the PlayBook 'documents' folder
3) opened the app
4) it worked! it showed up and i can read
took less than 5 minutes. I'm sorry, but you must be doing something wrong.
- did you really download .epub files? Files with .epub at the end?
- did you copy the files into a wrong folder? For the free 'ePub Reader' it must be the documents folder
- which app do you use to read files?
05-02-2012 06:03 AM
HOLLY MOLLY.....thank you ever so much for your diligence.....it is much appreciated!!!
This is now 2 weeks later and probably 3 to 4 hours daily and to this moment still don't have the books loaded. ;-(
I am going to uninstall all, follow your steps and try this. Thank you once again.