Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16g
My Carrier: vodafone

reinstall playbook or reset passwords

I bought a previously owned ( returned stock ) playbook from Currys electrical store   It reinstalled all the software on booting up but the previous owner must have set it up and put a password and security question in

I cant get beyond that toi set up BBM on the playbook

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: reinstall playbook or reset passwords

enter it in wrong ten times and it will wipe to new.

then set up it with your own BBID.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

thanks for responding but it has only locked me out for 15 minutes

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what part locked out for 15 minutes? I need you to be my eyes on this.

do you have your own BBID on the playbook?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Thanks for your help I am pretty computer and phone literate but I dont find this easy

Question......Do i need an ID on the playbook......whoever bought it and return it put spurrious characters in the name password, and password reminder question in the BBM id on the playbook

I have installed the bridge on the phone and the phone and playbook seem to be joined

Guru III
My Device:

if a BBID was left on it for use of appworld, with out their password you wont be able to buy any apps.

If there is a password on it that you did not put, there is no way around it except to security wipe it. RIM makes very secure devices that can knot be hacked.

New Contributor

OK thank you for your help.....i will take it back to the store and get a new one that hasn't been half set up

We may speak again though !! :-)

Guru III
My Device:

A security wipe will bring it to factory state, If really wanting a new one then by all means return it and get a new one.

come back any time, many of us here like to help out