Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

sending emails

I am unable to send or reply to emails. I am receiving them okay and am having no trouble surfing the web but I get this error message:

There was an interruption in sending this message.  Please try again.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: sending emails

I don't need help any longer.  Sorted out my own problem, probably not the most effective way, but bottomline it works now.

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Hi. I too was having the same problem.......how did you fix it?

Thx for sharing....very frustrated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

was your smtp address entered wrong???

Gene
New Contributor

In desperation (because I really have NO IDEA what I'm doing)... I decided to do a security swipe (deletes files and applications).  Of course, you are supposed to copy your files and applications to your computer first but I ran into another problem at that point.  My password wouldn't go in when I connected my playbook to my computer.  After 10 failed attempts, it erased my playbook which of course is basically what I was trying to do in the first place.  Luckily for me, I had very few files and applications on my playbook.  So it was like starting all over from scratch, when I took the playbook out of the box.  I set up my two email accounts and so, fingers crossed, everything will continue to work.

New Contributor

Maybe what I should have done first is to delete the email accounts from the playbook and then add them again.  That might have re-established all the proper lines of communication.  I'm definitely a plug-and-play consumer.  I don't have a clue about all the techy stuff.

New Contributor

I probably should have mentioned, that I have been using the playbook for five months with no issues.  This problem just started a few days ago.