Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: n/a

sending emails

I am unable to send or reply to emails. I am receiving them okay and am having no trouble surfing the web but I get this error message:

There was an interruption in sending this message.  Please try again.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: sending emails

I don't need help any longer.  Sorted out my own problem, probably not the most effective way, but bottomline it works now.

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Hi. I too was having the same problem.......how did you fix it?

Thx for sharing....very frustrated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: none at present

was your smtp address entered wrong???

Gene
New Contributor

In desperation (because I really have NO IDEA what I'm doing)... I decided to do a security swipe (deletes files and applications).  Of course, you are supposed to copy your files and applications to your computer first but I ran into another problem at that point.  My password wouldn't go in when I connected my playbook to my computer.  After 10 failed attempts, it erased my playbook which of course is basically what I was trying to do in the first place.  Luckily for me, I had very few files and applications on my playbook.  So it was like starting all over from scratch, when I took the playbook out of the box.  I set up my two email accounts and so, fingers crossed, everything will continue to work.

New Contributor

Maybe what I should have done first is to delete the email accounts from the playbook and then add them again.  That might have re-established all the proper lines of communication.  I'm definitely a plug-and-play consumer.  I don't have a clue about all the techy stuff.

New Contributor

I probably should have mentioned, that I have been using the playbook for five months with no issues.  This problem just started a few days ago.