Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64 gb
My Carrier: verizon

solution to battery not charging or playbook not switching on

First of all I want to thank the forum members for support that they provide to al the people. And I think that the RIM members should also try to help people out not to make money from every users. Because happy costumers are the cornerstone of bussiness.

I want to thank David Sunshine whose video in youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=MlsgGwoq1-8) helped me to resusciate my playbook back to life after 3 months. please watch his video carefully. If you dont have voltmeter or other sophisticated devices like me you can just use my style .

After opening the playboook and then exposing the terminals of the battery. then i disconnected the two connectors in the motherboard so that current will not flow in the motherboard. The connectors can be gently pulled using your nails. the position of the connectors is shown in the picture below. 

I cut the wire of the wall charger because I could experiment with it as I just got a rapid charger. David says to use 5 volt and the output of playbook wall charger is 5 volt so i thought I could use it. After cutting the wire of the charger midway, i exposed the wire as shown in the picture and taped all the wires on the outer layer into one bunble. I had no multimeter so, i used common sense - most of the wires have the live or the negative charge on inside and positive or the neutral charge on the outside. I took risk because I was fed up with the playbook as i was not able to use it for 3 months. then as David says to connect the live charge to the lower terminal when you flip the battery as shown in the video and i taped it then i connected the other wire with upper terminal of the battery. 

then I left the battery to charge as shown in the video but for around 3 hours. then I disconnected the wires fron the battery terminals and connected the connectors of the motherboard back. Then when I pushed the power button magic happened. the playbook started. 

connectors to be disconnected

the details of the insidecut open wire of the charger to make two terminals

Hope this works for you too. Thanks god I am so happy today. CHEERS.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64 gb

Re: solution to battery not charging or playbook not switching on

Sorry for the stretched images, it happened automatically when the post was posted. I dont know how.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Looks like my idea a Lil bit. But glad you got it working.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Jump-start-a-PlayBook-a-knottyrope-tip/td...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Thanks for posting this procedure that is fairly simplified.  I tried this after numerous attempts to un brrick my Playbook via the 'stack' charging approach with now success so I was looking for a last ditch effort to try to revitialize my device.  I went through the steps to charge the battery as per the process and measures on my voltmeter after three hours of charging that I reached 4 volts.   So, I stopped charging, butttoned everything back up and tried to re start the Playbook.  Unfortunately, I receive the same red LED light sequence that I experienced before when I tried to start up the Playbook device as before (an initial flash followed by four quick flashes).  So, I'm not sure where to go from here. 

Does anyone have any other thoughts? 

Thank you.

My Device: blackberry playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: blackberry playbook

I have a Playbook 64GB Last Saturday I noticed my Playbook battery was with 0% of charge. Then I turned it off and plugged in to charge, but with no result. It looks like dead. What do I do?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Pklug it in and DO you have any LED light up and what color and timing?

if there is any LED lighting up then try charging it for 4 hours

My sons had this happen last week and took a long time to charge back up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: RDj21ww

Re: solution to battery not charging because usb port charger is not working after I sent to fix twice, warranty expire now need to fix again can you pleasw help with this issue, thanks

skutripathy wrote:

I have a Playbook 64GB Last Saturday I noticed my Playbook battery was with 0% of charge. Then I turned it off and plugged in to charge, but with no result. It looks like dead. What do I do?