Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook
Accepted Solution

some graphics in a website cannot be scrolled, panned or zoomed in/out

http://professional.wsj.com/article/SB10001424053111903520204576480123949521268.html?mod=WSJ_Home_la...

the graphics in the above website does not respond to scrolling, panning or zooming gestures. Is there a way to make it happen? without that, major parts of the graphics cannot be viewed.

unfortunately this is a paid site so you may not be able to load it but i thought may be some of you may be subscribers.

thanks.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: some graphics in a website cannot be scrolled, panned or zoomed in/out

i am a subscriber and saw this yesterday. I was able to pam and s roll.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Trusted Contributor

thanks, aandras.

in this art there is an interactive graphic which you can access either by 1) clicking on the graphic towards the middle of the article on the left side just above the picture of senator Reid, or 2) clicking on the tab near the start of the article labelled "interactive graphics".

for me, either way will load that page but the page is not scrollable, zoomable nor pannable. that page actually has a set of 10 different graphics you can select via buttons in the left. oddly these buttons work and actually switch the graphics. but most of them are too large to be displayed on the playbook screen which therefore have to be scrolled/panned but that does not work for me. the page, other thank those buttons, acts as if it is frozen.
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

I tried the link and had the same issue initially.

I got it to display properly by pinching the tab title - Interactive Graphic.  That resized the page to display the correct width in landscape mode.

It's a solution that works on any page.  The pan, scroll, pinch gestures work outside a flash frame - probably not the correct term but I don't know how else to describe it.  If you can access a part of the page outside the frame that contains the flash app, the gestures should work.

Trusted Contributor

thanks, Josephl. good tip!