Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 32gb
My Carrier: none
Accepted Solution

speaker stopped working on playbook

Hey

My playbook speaker stopped working. I can plug a headphones and that works but if i want to use the build-in speakers well they pretty much stopped working. I can't get support because I don't qualify. Kinda BS since I got it when it first got out. it's not even 3 months yet June 24th I think.

anyone know how to reset the device or fix it? 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: speaker stopped working on playbook

To reset the device, hold the power + and - bottoms at the same time. If that
T doesn't work a security wipe may be in order, but backup your data first.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

nope that didn't do anything. I wiped all my data and did a reset and no dice.  any other suggestions?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Contact support for an. RMA
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

The first thing to try is a full re-set. If this does not work then the problem is more involved.

Its very possible that the drive circuit area for the speakers is at fault, or there may be a fault with the headphone plug itself. Because you can still hear the sound in the headphons this means the sound processor itself is working.

Unfortunately, I would believe you will have to send the tablet to RIM for service. If it is under a year old it should still be under warranty.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  

I actually ended up calling tech support.  It so happens that when I did the last patch update, the software didn't load properly on my playbook and corrupted the O/S.  The support tech, which was really nice, guided me to re-install the playbook O/S or software platform.  That did the trick for me.  The funny part is that once it reintialized the playbook, it found another patch with the same version 1.07 and build 2942 as what I had previously on my playbook. 

in the end, I got my speakers to work again. thanks for the input 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

That's terrific!

Jerry G.
Jerry G.
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: telenor

same problem is with my playbook and beside this a very big problem that i live in pakistan and there is no official blackberry store or support facilities available if u can help me how to solve this problem i'll b thankful to you for this kind act
New Contributor

Hey Sorry didn't check that forum in a while..

She make me unplug and replug the playbook while connected my computer. When the software detects the tablets, it asks you if you want to update. You have to plug the tablet when it's off and then boot it. I don't remember if I did a hard reboot while it was plugged but at some point it asked me to reinstalled the O/S.  The process too a good 20-30 min to re-download and reinstall.

hope this helps