Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

spelling error but no recomendations

Am i missing something, while bridged to my bb i can create emails and the playbook will indicate a spelling error with a red underline but i can't see any way of accessing the spell check function, is this just another application thats functionally incomplete or am i just missing something?

rb

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: spelling error but no recomendations

I have the exact same issue. The spell corrector works in the Word processor program; Word To Go. With some extra effort I have been writing the text in the Word program, doing the spell corrections, and then copy and paste it in to the bridged email program.

It is interesting that the spelling errors are shown in the bridged email window, but they cannot be corrected as like when composing the email using the phone.

I read some commentaries there will be an email program coming out for the Playbook within the next month or two. This will be interesting.

I should try the Playbook on Gmail or one of these public email sites tethered on line via the phone or using WiFi, and see if the site native spell corrector on these service sites would work. I would assume they should.

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch and Playbook 32 Gig
My Carrier: Telus

Ditto. Same issue. Just posting to get a fix response should any come our way.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi everyone

just to confirm that i am experiencing the same issue with Spell Check and Bridge Email.

Hoping for a fix and other small issues.

thanks

Emmanuel

Emmanuel
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I was able to have a confirmation from someone at Blackberry support. They are aware of this spelling problem. It is being worked on, and there will be a solution.

What I do for a work-around, is i compose the text in the Word program. The spelling correction works in this word processor. I then do a copy and past back to the message window. 

This is a bit inconvient, but it works!

Jerry G.

Jerry G.
Highlighted
My Device: Playbook 32GB & Bold 9760
My Carrier: Sprint

I had the same probelm, verified with support and got calles every 2 days they were working on it.  Finally got a call that they were closing the issue since it was a know issue and would be resolved in a future release. (Ticket 22800264)

This was a deal breaker for me (sorry Black Berry), I waited (and waited) for the Play Book, bought it on the release date for the e-mail integrqation.  I actual like to Bridge idea, one mail box to manage, but this is basic functionaluty that is missing.

When I took the Playbook back to Best Buy, they were had no questions with the return and were evven surprised it didn't have predictive typing.

Let me know when this is fixed, I have owned 5 different BB sicne the mono-color one with the dial on the side.  I may try again if I have not bought a different tablet by then.

Thanks,

Ron