Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook wifi 64GB
My Carrier: none

Re: stuck pixel

Oh, I see you used the term dead pixel in your last post.
Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: VERIZON

Ok dead or stuck mine is green on a black or blue screen and black on a white screen
NEL-REY
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch & 16 GB Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile UK

I have also tried screen fix and psp pixel fix video for hours, tried messaging the screen, no joy, still a bright green pixel when over a black background!

Will it fade over time? Would Rim repair/Replace the unit FOC?
Contributor
My Device: BOLD 9930
My Carrier: VERIZON

It seems that the path of least resistance is to return the pb. But I'm a bit hesitant to do that since two people I know have returned theirs only to find out the replacement models have been previously used and returned as well. If rim would allow me to return mine directly to them that would be great. But for now I would caution shoppers that some retailers are playing dirty so keep a sharp eye on exchanges and when you get one open it up and fire it up in the store. I could have sworn rim said at one point we would send them back directly to them. But oh well!
NEL-REY
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-MOBILE

I have solved this problem 2 days ago.

I had multiple stuck pixels on my BB 9700 and first of all that I have realized was that on low temperature the stuck pixels were multiplied, and where the temperature was higher the pixels were disappear, but not completely. Thats why I did this:

1. Go to Options and Display Settings. Sets the backlight Brightness to 100. (max) 

2. Play this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaTTjJncONI

3. Place your mobile where the temperature is higher, but not to much. For me the ideal place was where my laptop cooler is.

NOTE: play the video several times. The stuck pixels should disappears. 

CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTO FROM MY PC ? AND I WILL UPLOAD PHOTOS HOW I DID THIS.

------------------------

Regards.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Zong

There's no "app" that can fix a hardware problem but, there is a way that you can remove that dead pixel from you BB's screen.
It's very simple, all you have to do is wrap your finger (you can use a pen too) in a piece of cloth (a tissue will work fine too) and press that dead pixel, not too hard not too soft. If it doesn't work, try doing it a few more times and that should do.
I had the same problem with my phone but luckily i was able to get rid of it with this technique.
Hope this helps! Smiley Happy