Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Bell Canada
Accepted Solution

text_me bar file

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get the text_me playbook app to work on my Playbook.

Using the chrome extension I have been able to get it installed on the playbook. The log file shows that the install was successful but text_me doesn't appear on the log of the installed playbook apps.

When I touch the text_me icon installed on my playbook it takes me to a screen to sign up or login.

When I try to sign up, I enter all the needed data but I immediately get an error message that says "PLEASE_UPDATE _TO_TEXTME2.

Has anybody else run in to this situation.  Thanks for help!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 1. Playbook 2. Z30 3. Z10 4. Classic

Re: text_me bar file

I had a similar problem with  creating an account and log in.  I had to create an account on my pc, then was able to log in thru the pb text_me app.

New Contributor

Hi Hvacdon ........ Thanks very much for your kind reply. I can see the wisdom of what you suggested but try as I may I cannot think of a way to create a text_me account from my PC. Would you mind elaborating further on how to accomplish this. Many thanks!

Regular Contributor
My Device: 1. Playbook 2. Z30 3. Z10 4. Classic

Sorry, I may have mislead you. On second thought, and it was a while ago, I believe I actually created the account on my Android tablet, ( not a pc) then was able to log in using the pb. So unless you happen to have both tablets or have a friend with an android, you will have an issue setting up an account.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Sounds like it is installed but immediately connects to internet for an upgrade.  Not sure that sideloaded apps will update that way.  

Thanks again for your reply. I myself did have a Samsung Galaxy android phone until one day it just stopped working. Now I have an iphone and my wife has an Ipad 2. Perhaps I can establish a text_me account from one of those and then be able to login from the Playbook rather than having to try and create an account from the Playbook. I hadn't thought at all about doing this. Thanks very much for the idea. I'll let you know how I make out.