Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: i am carrying it duh! ;)

Re: the playbook sucks bigtime.

I tried to get the wifes bingo site up {sigh} it required Java or Silverlight i cant remember which, either way it didn't work.
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

must have been silverlight for java works perfect on my playbook... I would love to see a simple divx player integrated into the pb
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook RDJ21WW
My Carrier: Rogers

I would love to finish that sentence "it would be awesome if there were a playbook application for __________________"

I am a business user and spend a lot of time reading manuals, reference documents, and school texts when I travel. One of the reasons I bought the playbook was so I could read these files and not have to carry volumes of paper when I fly. Found out very early on that adobe reader cannot unlock password protected files. It will not allow you to enter a username and password to unlock the file. The login page displays but is not active. All I would like to see is a useful reader that allows me to unlock a password protected file and save my place when I'm reading. Some highlighting and markup tools would be the cat's meow, but not critical.

I've had my pb for almost a year now and that one capability makes it less than a useful tool for me. And now Adobe has cancelled support for it...

heartbroken and pining...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

"it would be awesome if there were a playbook application for __________________SKYPE!

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: none

just got a PB used off a guy. Now I know why he offloaded it on me DX. It just plain does not work! Pictures don't show up in the browser, it doesn't even stay online for more than a minute, youtube doesn't even play, I can't look for updates on it either because it won't stay connected to the appworld! This thing absolutely does suck.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16g
My Carrier: n/a

Actually as tablets go, the Playbook is a pretty good device, I like the feel of it better than an iPad and the size is just right for business (fits in a suit jacket pocket)

If they could get the battery issue fixed and find a way to make them accessible to internet via 3G, it would be pretty much a perfect tablet

and for $149, it's a LOT of technology, just not ready for primetime in some regards

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

I have a huawei mifi that I carry with me to connect whilst out and in the home. Brilliant!

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: Aliant

It's the worst thing I have ever owned. There is no social apps for it like Facebook & pinterest, twitter, no Netflix, no Gmail app. Even the browserthat comes with it crashes all the time. If blackberry doesn't resolve this then I will never buy anything for myself or my family that theymake again. This playbook is absolutely useless. They should have to give people a refund for it.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Playbook has already reached end of life for support or warranty.

I use mine a lot still and works great for me.

I dont use those apps you list though since they work better on a PC IMO

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V