Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: blackberry playbook 16g tablet
My Carrier: vodacom

unable to get past 'connect to Wi-Fi

I have just taken delivery of my playbook 16GB. I am not in a Wi-Fi accessible location so I won't be able to connect to the internet as yet. My problem is that I can't get past 'connect to Wi-Fi'? Does that mean this tablet won't work unless and you cannot do anything else unless you are Wi-Fi connected?
Developer
My Device: Javelin 8900
My Carrier: Axis

Re: unable to get past 'connect to Wi-Fi

you must have in wireless area if you want to connect your playbook via wifi

I give you a link , how to connect / sharing your playbook via wifi

http://crackberry.com/wi-fi-file-sharing-blackberry-playbook

if anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button insidegood.png

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: unable to get past 'connect to Wi-Fi

[ Edited ]

joe247 wrote:
I have just taken delivery of my playbook 16GB. I am not in a Wi-Fi accessible location so I won't be able to connect to the internet as yet. My problem is that I can't get past 'connect to Wi-Fi'? Does that mean this tablet won't work unless and you cannot do anything else unless you are Wi-Fi connected?

The normal method is to set up a new playbook via wifi during which process the latest operating system is installed, so it is useless until then.

In theory if you have a pc or mac with the latest blackberry desktop software you could invoke the "debrick" process via usb which can be found in recent posts but without Internet there is not a whole amount you can usefully do. It also takes some time and is riskier than waiting for a wifi connection.