Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: WIFI

updated OS wiped out my Calendar and Contacts!

I downloaded the OS Version 2.1.0.1032 and my Calendar and Contact information is wiped out!!!! Hours of input gone. Now what? Is there anyway to get it back? Why did this happen?

Also now that it's gone, how should I have backed it up? The Desktop doesn't give me an Organizer tab to click on- even though the onscreen help menu says it should. Is that just for the phones?

Becoming a bit dissalutioned.

Thanks for any help out there.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® PlayBook™ bridged to BlackBerry® Curve 9300
My Carrier: Globe Philippines

Re: updated OS wiped out my Calendar and Contacts!

i updated this morning and my calendar entries were wiped out also!! please help...

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

If these entries were on the local contacts and calendar as opposed to being sync'd over the air then unless you made a backup of your tablet using the backup features of desktop manager (not sync'd with a local PIM application as this is not available with the playbook) then I don't believe there is any way to recover them 

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: bell

Mine as well. Will this happen after every OS update. I had all my babies firsts on that calendar and now everything is gone!! Not happy!