Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 / Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

videos and pics not showing up in the apps

any pics or videos i take using my playbook or any i upload do not show up in the built-in video and picture viewing apps that come with the playbook? older pics/vids do show up though. help please?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: videos and pics not showing up in the apps

Are you putting the in the correct folder?

I noticed my videos in the picure folder wont show.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I noticed a similar problem with my PB.  Each time that I took a video and then went to play it immediately, the video player didn't display the file.  But after some time passed, each video would show up.   So perhaps the PB shoots the video and then it needs to package it as a file or do some other software process--which it does in the background--and then once that process is finished, it shows up in the video player.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Sounds like what windows does when downloading a file. It puts it in a temporary location then copies to final.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Developer
My Device: Playbook 16Gb
My Carrier: n/a

I had this exact problem yesterday. Screen shots taken using the Vol-up and Vol-down key presses didn't show up in the Picture viewer. 

Even after deleting some older ones, from through the viewer, the thumbnails did not disappear.

The only thing that corrected it for me was to restart the Playbook - (Power button + Vol-Up then hit restart). Not a particularly friendly solution though and a bit dramatic to update a view.

Greg

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 / Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

i restarted my pb and it seems all is well again