Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16gig and BB Bold 9700
My Carrier: none?

wifi disconnecting

since the latest update i have noticed that the wifi keeps disconnecting. it often reconnects after about 10 to 30 seconds.
i also have trouble with the browser taking ages to load pages sometimes, not sure if it is linked.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: wifi disconnecting

Have you checked this kb article? http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB26096

It may help. Let me know if it doesn't, and we'll see what can be done from there onwards.
New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

I have the same problems.

WiFi connects initially when I wake the device, but disconnects several times as I try to watch a video on YouTube. My computers and phone still stays connected, so the problem seems to be the PlayBook.

-KJ

New Contributor
My Carrier: WiFi

Same here with a AVM FritzBox 7390 (WPA). Blackberry and iPhone/iPad are working fine. It's weird...

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook

Forgot to note which routers I have tried.

I have tried a Linksys WRT610N, an Apple TimeCapsule and a Linksys WRT54GL with DD-WRT.

-KJ

Trusted Contributor

Has any of you tried the steps mentioned on the KB article I linked before? Did it work with any of those steps?
New Contributor
My Carrier: WiFi

Tried all steps, seems to be a Playbook issue.

Trusted Contributor

Smiley Sad

Could there be anything on this - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/playbook-wifi-connection-issues/td-p/1083... - thread that might shed some loght on this problem? I don't know what else to suggest Smiley Sad
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

sebastianmoran wrote:
Smiley Sad

Could there be anything on this - http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/playbook-wifi-connection-issues/td-p/1083... - thread that might shed some loght on this problem? I don't know what else to suggest Smiley Sad

That thread has lots of info, good suggestion.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

I would suggest to every person that has this issue to call RIM support. They will be able to help with this.