Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: none

wont update message displays: An error has occured while downloading software .......

please help!!

Iam trying to update my playbook 16GB but each time i accept and try to apply the update i get a pop up in middle of screen saying:

An error has occured while downloading software for your device. Please verify your internet connection or try again later, if the problem persists.

now this is driving me insane no matter what i try it doesnt seem to manage to get past this step of the update!!

Has anybody got ANY tips or advice please!!  

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: wont update message displays: An error has occured while downloading software .......

Without knowing if you have received an update before it's difficult to be sure. The last update was feb 2013 so don't know why you need an update, unless it's a wipe or a repair.

Lets assume you live in the "western world" then try a friend's house or a free wifi spot to do the update. it's easy for playbook to get upset with router wifi settings.  

Sarah.