Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: bb playbook
My Carrier: bell

wrong charger used

last night i plugged in the charger for my curve by accident this morning it wouldnt turn on tried stack charging and all the other methods described to get it to boot again I have it plugged back in to its original charger now.  How long can i expect to leave it on this charger before trying to turn it on again?

Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: wrong charger used

What is happening with the LED? Red, yellow, nothing?

single blinking red lasts about 8 seconds then goes away for aprox 5 seconds then comes back etc etc

Forums Veteran I

[ Edited ]

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27705

You can try removing and replacing after each time led goes out (which is what I understand by stack charging) but if the LED is returning by itself you could just leave it overnight for the time being and try the power button again in the morning.

What you are trying to achieve in a charge cycle is steady red followed by pulsing yellow then steady green.

Ill leave be hopefully it comes back.

Thanks

Contributor

still just a blinking light tried the repair feature on balckberry desktop software it seemed to connect and update it but when it tried to connect to reboot it said it was unable when i unplug it from the computer i get 5 blinking green lights but then nothing try plugging back in to the charger and it goes back to the same red light blink sequence.  Now what?

Forums Veteran I

DragonR1 wrote:

still just a blinking light tried the repair feature on balckberry desktop software it seemed to connect and update it but when it tried to connect to reboot it said it was unable when i unplug it from the computer i get 5 blinking green lights but then nothing try plugging back in to the charger and it goes back to the same red light blink sequence.  Now what?

The 5 yellow/green flashes say the battery is flatlining, too flat to boot. Sounds lie you have the dreaded "will not boot, will not charge" failure that nobody seems to really understand but we give lots of things to try, Could be simply the other charger damaged the socket but it should not do if it's another Blackberry charger.

so basically out of options?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Try plugging in the charger the original one and hit the power button every couple of hours. Usually every 5 hours over 24 hours. Report. Back your results.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Contributor

I have a old samsung phone with a li ion battery thats 3.6v at full charge im going to try using it to trick the cpu will update if that works or not