Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

ya'll wanna help RIMM innovate?

we are RIMM people, we have ideas, lets help!
this is not a "need to fix" forum, this is a fresh idea forum...i'll start....

swipable keyboard(lockable too), when we pull up the keyboard, we could swipe to the left or the right for our customized keyboards, whether they be in a different language or different layout and color..or this just came to me..a paper like layout like the "notes" app, where we could sign our signature and paste it to docs..or simply use our finger to right faster than tapping keys like when someone gives you a phone number, or directions!!!!

another one....

since spell check/correct is in existence we can innovate by not only providing the correct spelling, or guess, we could AUTOMATICALLY place the cursor WHERE in the word the first(or only) mistake was made!!!

now its you alls turn!
From an Apple or Android device
Trusted Contributor

Re: ya'll wanna help RIMM innovate?

i think 3 keyboards will be enough. a standard notepad(as tall as native keyboard now) note pad will scroll when more room is needed, add color options, line width, add a buton with an icon of an artists paint thingy that they hold in their free hand to put more paint on their brush, to indicate draw/paint pad, or a pencil icon will work, oh, also toggle to a draw pad to send quick sketches, on the draw pad option have a button with a letter to indicate you can add text along with the pic. with a swipe to the left, and fully customized keyboard with a swipe to the right. with the paint/draw pad either a toggle acting "1" button, or two button initiation, but it is important to LEAVE whatever application whether draw, or notepad in place when you swipe to your native keyboard or your peronal customized keyboard so youll know what to expect when you swipe back to it......

now the names.....drum roll......
native keyboard= keyboard
fully customized keyboard(i cant decide, lets vote!)= freeboard or meboard
notepad/quick sketch and send= seeboard or freeboard(works here too)

the placement of the cursor still even when the proper suggestion is offered to spell it "your" way. and an automatic prompt to add to system dictionary so "your spelling" is offered when the suggestion box pops up again. also add the paper clip icon to the keyboard so you can attach a pic or doc, or vid, takes you to respective app pick/attach/keyboard, could maybe plant pic where attach button was pushed, or plant pic or vid or doc shaded blue or whatever color to show that it is movable/release/tap to plant in desirable location.
Trusted Contributor

if gestures can be added....how about two quick taps on the boarder to black out the screen(initiate screen time out)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking the next generation of PB's should have naked carbon fiber as the wrap around, glossy, and an option of non gloss. Wonder also if the BB logo on back could be a one-piece and removable with a turn of a flush screw, latch system to allow the PB to breath...professional grade. Also make Gen2 fully consumer servicable, start up a parts store with customized parts, engraved pieces, gold plated internal pieces, consumer upgradable chips, and motherboards, speakers. Make them last forever! So BB could have comercials with  the same PB's at the inagrigation of the first non-white president, and in 2020 fourth of July. and a morphing camera work of how the this one PB changed throughout the years.