Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BB 10 BIS client puh app register BIS gey error: Host pushapi.na.blackerry.com not found

Hi,

I have develop my own pushInitor which direct communicate with BB push server (BIS), it works with BB 9800, now I am work on BB 10 client push app, I use Pushcollector,  I modifiy code to direct register BIS,  When I send register request to PPG with url pushapi.na.blackerry.com. I got error : Host pushapi.na.blackerry.com not found.

Is changed on BIS to regester user part? 

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB 10 BIS client puh app register BIS gey error: Host pushapi.na.blackerry.com not found

Hi Martin,

What are you putting for the PPG URL under the configuration screen in Push Collector?

Thanks,

Matt

Regular Contributor

Re: BB 10 BIS client puh app register BIS gey error: Host pushapi.na.blackerry.com not found

Regular Contributor

mdandrea, Thanks

I remember you help me solve direct register BIS for BB 9800
Regular Contributor

Hi, mdandra,
Is there any tool can convert BB 6 app to BB 10 app?
Regular Contributor

my develop IDE id QNX
Retired

No, there is no tool to convert your old Java app to BB 10 since the platforms are quite different.

http://pushapi.na.blackberry.com should not be used as your PPG URL since it is missing your assigned content provider ID in there.  That is, your URL should look like http://cpxxxx.pushapi.na.blackberry.com

But, even still, you should not have gotten that host not found error.  Do you have more of the logs you saw it in?

Also, what device are you testing this on?  What OS version?  And, are you connected to Wi Fi or cell and have the BlackBerry logo showing in the top right corner of the device screen?

Thanks,

Matt

Regular Contributor

Hi, Matt,
Mine is Blackberry z10, carrier is TELUS, 4GLITE , Blackberry Internet service access( Blackberry log on top right corner). WIFI if OFF. Software release: 10.0.10.85. I try http://cpxxxx.pushapi.na.blackberry.com, I got same error, xxx is content ID. Now I am try to use sdk 1.2 push Initiator, to test blackberry z10 push client feature.
Thanks you very much
Regular Contributor

Hi, Matt,

Now I can register device with sdk1.2, with high-level sample Push Initiator, Bu when use same web site to send push, I got error: IOException caught sending message to PPG URL address: https://cp{cpid}.pushapi.eval.blackberry.com/mss/PD_pushRequest. Please check application log files for more information. I know PPG URL does not correct, I need chane cpid, and change eval to na , But which config I have to Modify ?.
Thanks
Retired

Hi Martin,

You would change it in PushSDK.properties under WEB-INF/classes/PushSDK.properties.

The property you want to modify is public.ppg.address.

Matt