Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon

BIS Push Registration. Not receiving messages when Status = Active.

I've found BIS push using the push service sdk to be unreliable sometimes.  Many times I will register my app with a call to PushApplicationRegistry.registerApplication(..) and I will receive a response in OnStatusChange of "Active" -- but no messages are received in the OnMessage callback.  Sometimes, it does actually work, and once it works it's usually OK for awhile.  Then when I reboot the device, or even sometimes when I debug the app via Eclipse, it will no longer work (despite claiming "Active" status in OnStatusChange); onMessage is never called. 

Is there any reason resetting the device, or launching a debugging session in Eclipse, or any action OTHER than calling PushApplicationRegistry.unregisterApplication(), should disable the device from receiving BIS push messages over the specified port assuming I've called Register and have received "Active" in OnStatusChange?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BIS Push Registration. Not receiving messages when Status = Active.

Did you ever resolve this issue? Is that because the BB push API issue or your code issue? Would like to know your findings since I am planning to move from direct http push registration to the Push API.