Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9780
My Carrier: None
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Push Notifications app using PushWoosh does not receive notifications when closed and in background

I am developing a cross paltform application using phonegap and Jquery mobile. I am trying to implement push notifications for the blackberry application using PushWoosh. 

I noticed that I am not able to receive notifications when the application is in the background or when it is closed. I receive notifications only when the app is in foreground.

Any suggestions on this issue ???

I can use all the help.

The app is a phonegap Webworks application.

Thank you.

Info:

Phonegap 2.8.0

jQuery 1.9.1 

jQuery Mobile 1.3.1

WebWorks SDK

PushWoosh

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Blackberry Push Notifications app using PushWoosh does not receive notifications when closed and in background

Hi,

Is the push being handled by the PushWoosh framework? 

Push for BBOS requires the app to keep a thread running at all times or for the app to register with the device using the 5.0+ Push APIs. If the registration is handled by PushWoosh I would suggest engaging them for support to determine how the messages are being listened for.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Contributor

Re: Blackberry Push Notifications app using PushWoosh does not receive notifications when closed and in background

Hi,

Yes, the  pushes are being handled by the PushWoosh framework. Okay, will ask them for a solution. 

Thank you :-)

My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: T-mobile

Hi,

We have just pushes our BB HTML5 / Webworks sample to our github repo:

https://github.com/shaders/push-notifications-sdk/tree/master/SDK%20Sample%20Projects/Blackberry-HTM...

Pushwoosh team

www.pushwoosh.com

Contributor

Thank you.

Last time I contacted the Pushwoosh team about BB HTML5 apps not receiving push notifications when in the background or when closed. They told me that they will let me know when this issue was fixed. 

Does this sample solve that issue ???

Thanks again...

My Device: iPhone
My Carrier: T-mobile

Yes, it was tested and it works perfectly!

Contributor

Thank you