Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry Push service(BIS) production license

I use same application , When enter my evaluation apush id , it works.
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

You received a separate App ID for production? I would suggest de-registering your EVAL app from the device then uninstall the app, reboot the device then load the new app with the production App ID. The old App IDcould be persisting on the device.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Regular Contributor

No, my eval push id does not expired, I got new production push id yesterday, Now I start test
Regular Contributor

I install sample-push-enable-application, enter push application id in setting, When I register the user I got same error. Is it possible, my push application id does not exist in BIS server?
Regular Contributor

Thank for help. Now it works, same application, same push Id, what I do just uninstall and install application

Retired

Great to hear! Thanks for the update and be sure to mark this as "Solved" so others can find the answer if experiencing the same issue.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

I've noticed that push notifications (type "unconfirmed") stop working after some hours, even using demo push app from the SDK.
RIM push server always returns 1001 - The request has been accepted for processing.
Demo app works flawlessly for the first hours.
Is this a known issue? 
Retired

Push Essentials can *only* use "unconfirmed", so there shouldn't be an issue or it would break over half the in-market push apps.

It could be a device issue. If you reboot does it start receiving pushes again? Can you access BIS emails and send BBM messages when this occurs?

How are you testing this "stopping" using 2 different apps?

Is your device still subscribed to receive pushes (you can query the BIS infrastructure for the PIN if subscribed)?

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
New Developer

Thanks for prompt reply.

Tested on two devices with same result. 8900 (OS 5) & 9810 (OS 7) BIS email and other push enabled apps work fine.

About how I'm testing using 2 different apps, sorry I don't understand that question.

Everything works OK at night, and fails the following day. No app activity (server or client) overnight.

It just stops receiving pushes, network activity arrows also don't appear anymore. So it's not a client side problem. It seems to be some kind of timeout or expiration at infrastructure level. 

- On the local side, PushApplicationStatus is always STATUS_ACTIVE. Although I know that status information could be out of sync with the push server.

- Reboot doesn't fix the problem. Only application uninstall and reinstall works.

- Registration with push server always succeeds on app first run

Note I'm using the RIM demo app and a simple push initiation script which always gets RC 1001 from push server.

Thanks

Retired

Are you using the OS 5+ APIs?

Please perform a query of the BIS infrastructure when this occurs to see what devices are subscribed, if your device has unsubscribed then the BIS will return 1001 but not send the push to the device. You could also try querying the push to see what its status is.

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!