Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can I subscriber user directly to BIS after Pushcollector CreateChannelcompltete event for BB z10

Hi,

Can I subscriber user directly to BIS after Pushcollector CreateChannelcompltete event.

I try to do directly register user  to BIS after Pushcollector CreateChannelcompltete event. I got error, server is temporaly not avauliable.

may question is  It possible directly register BIS from BB z10  push enable app?

Thnanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Can I subscriber user directly to BIS after Pushcollector CreateChannelcompltete event for BB z10

The create channel operation does the registration/subscription with the BIS PPG for you.

Regular Contributor

Re: Can I subscriber user directly to BIS after Pushcollector CreateChannelcompltete event for BB z10

It works, I debug it, it emit channel event, it call OncreateChannelCoplet callback, it this function it call m_pushNotificationService.subscribeToPushInitiator(m_user, token);
it work fine. I query BB push server. I find it is register. But I changer to my function SubscribetoBIS, I got server is temporaly not avaliable.
Regular Contributor

My subscribe BIS function is:
void RegisterService::subscribeToBIS(const User& user, const QString& token)
{
// Keep track of the current user's information so it can be stored later
// on a success
m_currentUser = user;

const Configuration config = m_configurationService.configuration();

QUrl url(config.ppgUrl() + "/mss/PD_subReg");
url.addQueryItem("appid",config.providerApplicationId());
url.addQueryItem("address",token);
url.addQueryItem("osversion",deviceVersion());
url.addQueryItem("model",deviceModel());

url.addQueryItem("username","2AC4571A");
url.addQueryItem("password","2AC4571A");
if (config.usingPublicPushProxyGateway()) {
url.addQueryItem("type","public");
} else {
url.addQueryItem("type","bds");
}

qDebug() << "URL: " << url;
std::cout <<" token : " << token.toStdString() << std::endl;
m_reply = m_accessManager.get(QNetworkRequest(url));

// Connect to the reply finished signal.
connect(m_reply, SIGNAL(finished()), this, SLOT(httpFinished()));
}

That I translate from BB 6Java application. Could you hel me check there something missimg. for example , http head, or some aithentification info.
Thanks.
Retired

You should only be using the createChannel function we provide to register with the BIS PPG.  You wouldn't be able to do it yourself.

The only subscription you can do yourself is with your own Push Initiator (your server that will send out pushes).

Regular Contributor

Matt,

Thanks replay.

I am still not clear. I can directly register user to BIS from BB 6, Why I can not do it from BB 10, Register BIS is just http request , it is language independent. Is RIm restrict direct register from BB 10 ?
Thanks
Retired

You can subscribe to your Push Initiator using an HTTP request without any problem.

I'm talking about registering with the BIS Push Proxy Gateway (PPG).

You wouldn't have been able to do this in BB 6 either because it's not just a matter of one HTTP request.  There is more involved.

Regular Contributor

Matt,

I do have two BB6 test blackberry phones register on BIS, One is 9800, 7320, I install client push enable Java app, when it start it can register user with BIS Push Proxy Gateway (PPG).
I am pretty sure.

Thanks
Regular Contributor

Hi,Matt,

in my company, our web server is host on Window server OS, all developments are based on DOT.NET.

FOR BB 6, I manage directly register BIS work . For us maintaining Tomcat server and MySQL database increase extra cost. I really need you help me find the way directly register user to BIS without push initiator.
Thanks.
Retired

There are two registrations / subscriptions:

1. to the BIS PPG (Push Proxy Gateway) - This is through a create channel call for BlackBerry 10.

2. to your Push Initiator - This is so that your Push Initaitor knows what PINs to push to.  This can be done any way you'd like to communicate this info to your Push Initiator server.  You get back a PIN from the create channel call that you can then use in 2.

Does that help clarfiy things?  

Matt