Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: at&t
Accepted Solution

Different BlackBerry Push AppID registration for Different Env

Hi, as we know for software development, there are different phases: development phase, QA testing phase, and production phase. After the first release, they could interwine with each other.  All those phases would have server environments which would mean different content provider URL and plus other URLs for our application. There might be couple QA testing enviroments going on at the same time as well.

I am tyring to understand how we can share the BlackBerry AppID (including push port) across those different environments.

From this post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Push-Development/Invalid-Notify-URL-on-push-from-d..., it would mean that we could have to tell blackberry what notify base url is. This would make the share across different env nearly impossible unless we have a common notify base URL where different env would have a different relative URL.

Just wonder if some one could share their experiences on this matters. Thanks a lot in advance.

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Different BlackBerry Push AppID registration for Different Env

I don't think what you are trying to do will work. That being said nothing to stop you from writing a little app that receives the notifications and forwards the http request to the appropriate server based on a request parameter (eg. /notification?sever=xyx)
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Different BlackBerry Push AppID registration for Different Env

Thanks for the confirmation. I guess this design is for security reason.