Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

dsc
Contributor
My Device: Dev Alpha B
My Carrier: none

Error 10110 after CreateChannel

Sometimes we get the error 10110 after calling CreateChannel of the PushService. It appears on some devices while at the same time other devices don't have the same error.

The error disappears after one restart the device.

We need some more information on the error code 10110 (SubscriptionContentNotAvailable) to solve the issue.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Error 10110 after CreateChannel

Hi there, and welcome to the forums!

Do other services on the device (Email, BBM) still function when receiving this error? Do you know if the device is on WiFi or cellular when this occurs?

Also, have you implemented logic to listen for when the pushTransportReady() signal is received to retry the Channel creation once received?

http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/reference/bb__network__pusherrorcode.html#enumvalue-subscri...

Garett
@garettBeuk
--
Goodbye everybody!
Retired
My Carrier: Rogers

Hi,

Some questions for you:

1. Are you using the latest 10.0.10.263 on all your test devices?

2. What development environment are you using?  Cascades?  WebWorks?  AIR?  

3. Are you using one of our samples or your own app?

Thanks,

Matt

dsc
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't really know if email was working while getting this error but I can't test it till the error comes back.

The device is on WIFI.

I did implement the pushTransportReady Slot but it was never called.

We really need to know what exactly the error code 10110 means! What means "SubscriptionContentNotAvailable". I thought the subscription is done on our push server and not on the ppg.

dsc
Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. I use an Dev Alpha B device with 10.9.10.35 but the error also occured on other devices with probably different os versions

2. We using Cascades

3. We are using our own app.

We really need to know what exactly the error code 10110 means! What means "SubscriptionContentNotAvailable". I thought the subscription is done on our push server and not on the ppg.

Retired

[ Edited ]

And you have the PPG URL hardcoded so that all applications on the different devices are using the same one?

Typically, this error appears either if there is an issue with the PPG itself (a server error) or with the PPG URL you are pointing to.

Are you pointing to eval?

dsc
Contributor

Yes the PPG URL is hardcoded and the same on all devices. Also on my device it already worked and suddenly I get this error. After restart the device the error ist gone.

Retired

We haven't seen this issue ourselves.  How often are you calling create channel though?  You should not be calling it everytime the application starts up.

You're saying some calls to create channel are successful, but sometimes it gives back 10110?

Or, it's just constantly giving back 10110 on your device before a restart?

Also, I don't believe you said whether it was eval or production.  Give me a snippet of your PPG URL, but don't show the content provider id.  It should look something like this if using eval: http://cp{cpid}.pushapi.eval.blackberry.com

Could you please go to Settings > About and change the drop down to OS and tell me the OS Version you're on.  I believe you gave me the software release version in an earlier post.

Thanks,

Matt

dsc
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok maybe this is a hint. Everytime the applications starts up I'm calling createSessions and after createSessionCompleted I call createChannel.

So if this is the wrong behaviour, how should I decide to call createSession and/or createChannel or not at app startup?

If the error occurs it constantly gives back the error 10110. But at the same time other devices don't have the error.

The PPG URL looks like: http://cpXXX.pushapi.na.blackberry.com

Sorry you a right. The os Version: 10.0.10.263

Retired

[ Edited ]

Yes, create channel should not be called on every application startup.  Once you have established the channel it is there - you can re-create the channel to be safe every so often, but not every startup.

Could you please do the following with the device that has this issue so we can take a look at the logs.

1.     In the QNX Momentics IDE, in the Target Navigator view, right-click the device target. ClickLaunch SSH Session.

2.     In the terminal that appears, do one of the following:

a.     To view the current slogger2 logs, type slog2info.

b.    To view real-time output for the processes that are being debugged (for applications that are running in development mode), type slog2info -w.

c.     To view help information on slogger2, type slog2info -h

ssh to the device and run:

slog2info > /tmp/slog2.txt and then send the slog2.txt in a private message to me

Also, run:

sloginfo > /tmp/sloginfo.txt and then send the sloginfo.txt in another private message to me

Thanks,

Matt