Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry Push Development

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

In Pushcollector seting, Launch Application on New Push check box does not work

Hi,

In Pushcollector  seting,  There is check box   Launch Application on New Push.

I check it, when new psuh receive , Push appliction does not launch automatically, i have to manually open the app to view message. Could  someone help me?  Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: In Pushcollector seting, Launch Application on New Push check box does not work

You have to make sure you check it, save the config, and register (if you hadn't already).

It should work...

Matt

Regular Contributor

Re: In Pushcollector seting, Launch Application on New Push check box does not work

I verify it, is is checked on my bb z 10
Retired

Ah, sorry, I know where the confusion is.  We implement a best practice.  The new push comes in, we launch our app to the background, process the push, and then exit.  That's why you don't see the app still open.

Regular Contributor

Where is to modify to launch app in foreground when push receiving? Thanks
Highlighted
Retired

There's currently no way to bring an app to the foreground in Cascades I don't believe.  But, you could ask on the Cascades forum.  

You could argue that, in general, it's functionality you might not want in an OS.  You don't want a whole bunch of apps coming to the foreground at one time.  It makes for an unpleasant user experience for a user.  As a user, you want to control which apps are in the foreground.  That's why we launch the app to the background (and have it show up in the running apps grid).  The user can then bring it to the foreground if they'd like to.

Matt